S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well took out the zq8s front springs put in belltech 3 inch drop springs. rear i cut a inch off bumpstop brakcet and put in 3 inch blocks. he just took the bumper off before we lowered it back and he said it raised it up a inch. to top of rear fenders before we lowered it was 29 inches

so here are the measurements after the drop
front -25 both sides
rear -26 both sides

heres 1 pic of front

Attachments

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok the front is a 3 inch drop spring. rear is a zq8 leaf with a 4 inch block and no rear bumper so id say a true 4 inch drop. the rear zq8 leafs are only about a 1 inch drop because my cousin with a 3 inch leaf and 1 inch blocks to the fenderwells *above the xtreme body kit* is abotu the same

tony

the rear bumper weighs it down almost a inch

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
so how does it ride? is the front a little bumpy, or does it bottom-out a lot? did you have replace the front bumpstops with a lower profile ones?

i've been thinking of doing the same thing.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the front does ride bumpy. his 3 inch drop springs dropped it more than 3 inches. but im sure its fine. best thing is that the front air dam wont scrape on the floor. with spindles you can scrape it but with the 3 inch drop springs protects it from bottoming out on a big bump

tony

·
Registered
15 Posts
Do you remove the bumpstop in the front? What do you suggest with the three inch springs? I'm putting mine in this weekend. Also with three inch blocks in the rear are these straight blocks? And where the stops removed in the rear or cut down.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Tony,

You took out the complete bumpstop in the rear bracket and all? Also how is his ride? The web address does not work. Do you have any other pictures on it.

Thanks

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
this is excellent...ok small favor 98ssonnos....take your timeless 5's put them on the x and see how much wider u could go in the back.... :) i'm sure redx wont mind to much....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts