S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiousity cuz i wanna make my truck fast and turboed, would it be possible to put a supra motor in my truck? i kind of dont want to go with the v8 swap since alot of people does it, wanted to try somethin different....any suggestions?

·
Registered
155 Posts
You "could" do a Dodge Viper swap, money and time allows just about anything . But honestly if you have to ask, you might not want to try. The v8 swap is a much easier install, and I would recomend you start learnin yer swappin skill on that.

·
7 P.S.I. is not enough
294 Posts
anything is possible it just depants on how much bank, time, you have and how long you can stay calm but i would do some research first knowlegle(that is spelled wrong) is power

·
7 P.S.I. is not enough
294 Posts
alot of my friends that have hondas and turbod dsm though it was stupid and i couldnt make a s10 turbod in tyhe amount of time i did

now they think that it is awsome and i can take alot of cars that they have they were suprised

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
why not a v8? It is cheaper. If you have the money for a 2jze motor than go for it. Hell put the supra motor in a geo metro since many people do motor swaps in s10's.

I agree. If you have to ask than you shouldn't bother.

But as far as being different, I am game if you have the time,money and know how to do such a thing.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
why not a v8? It is cheaper. If you have the money for a 2jze motor than go for it. Hell put the supra motor in a geo metro since many people do motor swaps in s10's.

I agree. If you have to ask than you shouldn't bother.

But as far as being different, I am game if you have the time,money and know how to do such a thing.
if i have to ask than i shouldn't bother? how the hell would i know if u can put a supra motor in a s10? i'm not a mechanic, Hell if i known u can't ask questions on this forum then i wont post anymore

·
Registered
66 Posts
if i have to ask than i shouldn't bother? how the hell would i know if u can put a supra motor in a s10? i'm not a mechanic, Hell if i known u can't ask questions on this forum then i wont post anymore
I think you just answered your own question! any thing is possible if you have lots of money and/or knowledge (I would like to see that though) the 2jz motors are fairly decent in price its the 6 speed trans that is expensive!

·
Street Truck Builder
747 Posts
There is a guy in the next town that has a twin turbo 300z motor in his, it started as a 2.2 5 speed. His issues were hood clearence because of where he had to mount the engine mounts and position of the shifter, he had to have one custom mad so that it was not under the dash. other than that it was a clean install, ans sounded funny coming from a truck, but its pretty fast. he bought the whole car as a rollover thought so he had everything he needed already there. he said it made it alot easier to convert everything when he could cut it off the donor and adapt it, including the computer and harness systems. I'd say do it, if you have the donor!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts