S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Got Stones????
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The box is roughly 2.50 cu ft internal dimensions built out of 3/4" MDF wood. It is s downfiring design that will hold 3 10" woofers. The woofers I am going with are the MTX Thunder 6000 series. As you can see the box itself is recessed about 2 inches from the floor and the Lshaped legs on each end ensure it to lay flat while sitting up on the hump as many of you know that is in tghe ext cab trucks. I have had many systems in the past and the best sounding setups all happen to be the downfiring method. The bass seems to be alot cleaner and has more clarity than it does if facing the woofers up or towards the windshield. I would have ported these woofers but i wanted to lay my seats all the way down while watching my ceiling mounted tv and indash dvd player. Ill post some more pics of the finished box and system setup soon.

Attachments

·
Got Stones????
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pic 2

Heres another shot to give a better idea of the way it sits on the hump.

Attachments

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
sup db! i havent talked to ya in a bit! i left a thread for you and Pewter01, and i will be sending you a PM later tonite! i have a few questions for ya, but ill PM ya. late.:thumbup:

·
Got Stones????
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My jack,tire tool, and some other emergency stuff is under my tonneau cover in a water proof box. Its kinda like a small ice chest but I dont put my beer in it.

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
db machine said:
My jack,tire tool, and some other emergency stuff is under my tonneau cover in a water proof box. Its kinda like a small ice chest but I dont put my beer in it.

LMAO, you should keep one in there! it is an emergency kit after all!LMAO:thumbup: :drinkhaha

·
Registered
107 Posts
I built a box that looks identical to that one except it is 3.3 cu ft and is for 3 12's. I also mounted my amps on top in an enclosed amp rack. Looks great! :thumbup:

Cory

·
formally Lownoma
2,458 Posts
i did about the same but with 2 mtx 8000 12's in a sealed box tat is about 1.3 per sub.....and i built a false floor that make from the back of the cab to the back of my seats flat i removed the jack and tools completely from the truck.. i mean what good is it if i dont have a spare tire and running 18 inch rims.....id rather get it towed ...but thats me...im happy with the sound from the box ..

·
Got Stones????
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thats what happens when you take a picture of a box wrapped in black carpet with a dark interior with little light. *L*

·
Got Stones????
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ill get some better pics of the box inside the truck....but i am overly impressed with the sound and performance of this setup.

·
Got Stones????
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
These are the 6000's....only get the 8000's if you are gonna put at least 500 watts RMS to each other wise the 6000 will be the best. These subs sound awesome for what i paid.. Only 75$ off EBAY

·
Registered
45 Posts
do you have any pics of your tv and dvd player. i have a panasonic 909 receiver with two 7" widescreens hooked up to it. just curious where you put your screen.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts