S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
idiot
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm thrilled!!! i cant wait to ride this thing tomorrow

i'm only 18, but my dad taught me to ride early, and i ride his suzuki intruder 1500 around all the time. but this is my first time on a crotch rocket type bike, anything i need to know first? i know my new bike is crazy fast, so anyone have any advice the will keep the from from being covered in my skin?

·
What the f*** is juice!?
314 Posts
anything i need to know first?

if you've been riding your dad's bike, and have just bought your own, you should know mostly everything if not everything about how to be safe on em, or maybe it's a little early for you to have bought one...just my .02...on the other hand, be safe man..can't wait to get my cbr600rr graffiti edition soon..ride on!

·
2004 Bagged Avy on 24s
283 Posts
wear all ur gear.. dont try to show off.. practice ur leans and turns.. always have a safety cushion.. 1st gear has the most torque.. so dont rompe on it, or u will lift the front wheel up easily..
dont do endos..****s up ur shit.. careful with gloves with padding that sticks out, it can sometimes get stuck on ur throttle, so just make sure u lift ur hand up when releasing it..always watch out for other people cuz their not watchin out for u..on coming big trucks like 18wheelers create alot of wind when passin u.. watch out for gravel, watch out for oil.. just keep the bike on 2wheels for while and ull be good

·
1st Gen Crew Cab Cult
3,817 Posts
if you've been riding your dad's bike, and have just bought your own, you should know mostly everything if not everything about how to be safe on em, or maybe it's a little early for you to have bought one...just my .02...on the other hand, be safe man..can't wait to get my cbr600rr graffiti edition soon..ride on!

so damn sexy.!!!

·
idiot
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya dude, thats sick as hell. i'll put up better pics of mine tomorrow.

streets finest, thanks for all that dude, its stuff like the wind on the 18 wheelers i'm asking for here, cause that something a dont loearn riding on my back counrty road, but i'm going to have to deal with when i ride to work.

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
be carefully i had a 929 first gear wheeles are not good lol i had a 01 yellow black

·
Registered
10,553 Posts
first off, this is a must read for any rider, old or new, IMO
http://www.billsbikesnservice.com/limits.htm

get yourself a set of leathers and hit up pacific raceways for some track days. you will never learn more about your bike and your abilities then at a track day, and there's medics on site incase of an unfortunate event. there's track days just about every week (on week days usually). Its not cheap but its not THAT expensive and you'll gain so much from that one day of riding if you take the time to really learn proper technique from the instructors.

always wear all your gear. I dont care how hot it is, sweating is better then bleeding.

I'm sure you already know, but sportbikes are damn near enemy #1 for the state patrol here in WA so please do yourself a favor and keep yourself under control out on the streets and highways. If you dont already have your permit, GO GET IT FIRST! if you get pulled over with no permit/license your bike will be impounded immediatly, no questions asked.

try and stay away from riding in large groups for a while. I'f you're riding with people you dont know, or do know that just dont ride very safe, make sure you keep your distance so they dont take you out. If you ride with responsible people, they will know to stop at certian intervals to let everyone catch up, then take a head and make sure everyone is still in the group.

here's a great local sportbike forum

http://www.cycleforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=185

make a thread intruducing yourself. be honest and polite and you wont get TOO much crap from the guys over there, but you will most certianly get some atleast haha. A lot of the guys over there have switched from street riding to track only and recently a lot of us got super moto bikes. I may go out on saturday for a ride, if I do I'll let you know. I'm also thinkin about seeing if some people wanna meet up at RMC for Two Wheeled Tuesday. Just meet up to hang out, BS, and grab some dinner at the restraunt there.

I know I've alreda said alot but I cant stress enough to not worry about catching up with someone else. A couple years ago i was on a ride with a small group of about 8-10 people. I was somewhere in the middle of the group and the first 3 guys who were much better riders then I was were riding at a much faster pace through some twisties. I was itching to get around the chick in front of me, not really to catch up, but to atleast not fall so far back. We came around a blind corner and a mini van was pulling out of a hidden driveway and we both had to get on the brakes hard to avoid hitting them. I know that if the chick in front of me hadnt had the restraint to keep riding her pace we both would have T boned that mini van and would probably be dead.

sorry for the rediculously long post. be safe,

·
Strictly Domestic
2,864 Posts
My Buddy has a 929. Yellow and Black with some aftermarket chrome here and there. Really nice bike. They were replaced by the 954 and then the 1,000 right?

·
idiot
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My Buddy has a 929. Yellow and Black with some aftermarket chrome here and there. Really nice bike. They were replaced by the 954 and then the 1,000 right?
yup, thats the bike, it was the 929's in '00-02, and the 954's in late '02....i think, and through...'04?? and then 1000's after that, i could be wrong on the years of the 954 tho.

J_SIN, hey bro, let me know if your meeting up anywhere, i do plan to go to pac raceways soon, but i wanna get to know the bike first. i'm going to get my permit tomorrow.

i live in auburn, at the far end of green valley road...heard of it? pretty much everyone in washington that owns a bike goes there on weekends.

...on another note, i got the bike to my house today, my dad rode it home for me cause i dont have my endorsment, and when we got towards our house i rode it, i LOVE it. tons of torque at low rpm's. i didnt even go above 5500 rpms, and still had a blast.
....then when i get home, we have a gravel driveway, and my mom raked it today so it was super soft and i LIAD IT DOWN!!!! i was so mad at myself, i was going like 2-3 mph, and it hit the grass so it only like like two little scratches on it, but still i was mad.

·
Registered
10,553 Posts
yeah green valley road is a blast. Cant wait to hit that with my SM. I'm not going to ride tomorrow but I'm pretty sure I will be at RMC tuesday night. you should come down and hang out. Just make sure you get home before dark :haha: sorry to hear you laid it down. gravel can be such a bitch. I have about 50 feet of gravel driveway and I'm always worried the front end will wash out when I turn in. Atleast you landed in the grass instead of the gravel though.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts