Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Raise it anyways

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
lower the bish, 4/5.....lol, actually a 3/4 drop would be perfect for a daily driver....I think 4/5 is a little too low because I scrap coming in and out of parking lots with a decent incline....well, the frame scrapes, and my lower valance is down to the black urethane or whatever it is, all the paint is gone where it has scraped off.....3/4 is perfect...you'll hardly ever scrape and it'll give it a real nice polished look.....trucks always look better lower, just slam the ****er.

Caleb

·
Got Boost?
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh yeah, tell me what ya think about the way it looks while you in here and what other mods you think i should do!

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Cosmetic: Lower it, clear turn signal lenses, different rims, ss mirrors, remove the bug shield.

Performance: Intake, e-fan, larger TB, Jet chip, Al's header, cam,exhaust, turbo kit, ect.

·
Registered
53 Posts
What kind of diffrence is there between the Xtreme suspension and the 2wd suspension. I want to lower my 97 S10 2wd, to sit more like an Extreme.

Who is a good company to go with for parts?

She's all stock for now, but lots of goodies to come when money permits!!!!

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
if you want an Xtreme suspension....GM performance parts sells the coils/leaves/sway bars as a kit....

I think its 1.5 inch lower in front and 1 inch lower in back over a std suspension, high performance shocks, bigger sway bars, the rims, and the steering box are the differences between a stocker and a ZQ8

Caleb

·
Token Bald Guy
743 Posts
i live on some pretty shitty roads and 4/5 is just about perfect. i sacrifice it to alot of bumps and all too look nice but it works. i say 4/5...if you have any doubts do 3/4...

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
4/5 is the best drop without scraping everywhere.
True there will be places you will scrape sometimes but, it's a whole lot nicer than 3/4. IMO it's the lowest you can go with a daily driver.

·
No more switches
13,451 Posts
i think it's all where u live. more towards the south 4/5 would be good since the roads may be flatter, then more towards the north 3/4 would be best because of snow and hills and what not

·
Got Boost?
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I live in colorado, so during the summer the roads are fine, and pretty much flat, but during winter, 4 FT SNOW DRIFTS!!!

·
9~Deuce
989 Posts
Go ahead and raise it if that's what you like. But don't go buckwild. Just a simple 2-3 inch lift and some taller tires.

You're only doing it for appearance so look at it this way... if you raise your 2wd you're probably not going to offroad it much... if you lower your 2wd you're probably not going to take it to the autocross or the ralleys.

So do what you want to make it look better.

·
no more S10
17,421 Posts
4/5 works fine for me, I've only scraped on a couple of hills. Can't go to the BBQ place anymore. :( Your truck looks good. Lowering is the first thing you otta to to help the look. Then loose the bug visor and get some clear corners and euros.
I can't believe nobody said it, get some center caps for those wheels.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts