S-10 Forum banner

Just an idea about an exhaust....

2K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  DropindaS-Mini 
#1 ·
I think the way we're all thinking right now.....we need more torque, but want top end too....

I'm going to get my exhaust reworked AGAIN!!! I have 2.5 inch diameter pipe run all the way......I used to have a single inlet dual outlet....but no backpressure.....now I have a single inlet single outlet, and its better, but.....I don't know now.....I mean, if some people are getting third gear scratches easy with these import mufflers and setups.......You can't see anything out the back of my truck right now....Its either two tips or none in my opinion......so

I think I'm going to get opinions from people on a cavalier message board, and run a new 2.25 inch catback with the muffler at the end, tucked up under the rollpan next to the spare tire where you can't see it.....I'm thinking like....tanabe or 5zigen, cause I keep hearing good things about them from honda people......I dunno, I just don't want a freaking can poking out from under the rollpan, I hate that!!!! It'll be tucked up under there so you can't see it unless you get down to look at it ....hopefully I'll br scartching third like some people I've heard of doing the whole can thing......I'm getting a mufler with one of those pull out silencers though, cause I don't want it to sound like ass

Caleb

See less See more
#2 ·
One of my friends has an apexi n1 dual on his 95 240sx (http://www.apexi-usa.com/exhausts.asp) ... it sounds really good (not very ricey, but pretty loud)... if you want to go w/ ricer muffler, I would recommend that, they do make some universal ones. He has set my alarm off many times w/ that exhaust! It is kind of expensive, but you can find a pretty good price if you look hard enough. Just a recommendation. Also, If you would like, I could record the sound it makes.

DogP

#3 ·
yeah could you do that.....

I just don't want it to sound like a rice rocket....I want it to be kinda mellow and deep......but more than anything, I just want it to run good!

Caleb

#4 ·
I agree about the 5in can sticking out the back but where is it going to exit. Burn a hole in your roll pan? Or leave nice exhaust marks. Why not just get the ones with dual tips. At least there only like 2.5 in in diameter and they look pretty good. My opinion. The Apexi is a real good one but the Borla Boomers are tight to

#5 ·
no exit like.....facing the roll pan, but far enough back that it doesn't burn anything.....like next to the rear tire basically
Caleb

#6 ·
the spare......tire.....hanging up there next to it......yeah I've considered the borla boomers.....and the XSE exhaust by borla (which is what I would go with) but......I'm still thinking a....lot...

Caleb

#10 ·
hey that sounds pretty damn good.....maybe I'll go with an Apexi can that way I don't have tips hidden up there too, just the can LOL, damn muffler

Caleb

#13 ·
Those are just to keep the rain out of their stacks. :) Worked in a truck stop for 3 years. Ought to know. Those are just held down by gravity.

The tips I saw advertised had a spring in them. Maybe I'll duct tape a soup can lid on my tip and try it. :)

#15 ·
lol, I think I'm going to have the muffler pointing to the left.....

I might even take off my spare tire and have it right in the middle where that was...since I have a system, I have no jack, so....I could make a custom holder for a full-size spare in the bed....LOL

Maybe maybe not...I dunno bout all that, but I might have the pipe run back a little bit, then turn and have the can pointed to the left right at the top of the tire like by the front of the rear wheel, not pointing out or anything, but pretty far up there....
Converter
i
i
MUFFLER <----------------
Tire TIRE TIRE

#16 ·
DAMNIT my diagram didn't look like that
Convertor
i
i
i
90 degree bend
<<<muffler

TIRE TIRE TIRE

#17 ·
#18 ·
yeah....definitely don't want it looking like that......I need the can hidden so I don't look gay

Caleb

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.