S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I just bought a 1992 S-10 Sport Blazer on Thursday and had a few questions. First of all, you'll have to excuse my ignorance since it didn't come with a manual and I am not the most knowledgable person when it comes to vehicles. First, I see that some trucks don't have that spare tire door thing in the back. How do you get that off? Second, where do you put the spare? Third, (and this is by far the dumbest question) where is the back door release if the handle were not there? Where can I get a new handle? I can get the window open from the window release in the car, but not the rest of it. Very annoying. And finally, I'm looking for BLACK, not white, not chrome, not red, not green, but BLACK gauges with blue lights to replace the ones already in there, or digital gauges in basically any color available. Any response to any of these questions would be greatly appreciated. I haven't done much in the way of modifications, but I did purchase neon fogs, DTRL module, and a FM 2-Way alarm/remote start. I hope to change system (Jensen, if it fits), speakers (Rockford Phosgate, if I can afford it), add xenons, and remove all those stupid 4x4 and Blazer labels all over the truck.

Thanks for all the assistance

·
Registered
187 Posts
hey shawn, theres a way you can make custom gauges, and if you can't, I can for you. all you have to do is take out the guages you have and scan them for me and I can make you any design you want. if you want, let me know and I'll hook you up. It would be easier if you could actually send me a duplicate gauge that I can work with, but if not, I'll go snag one from a junk yard and work with it. let me know whats on your mind.

·
Accent, what accent
780 Posts
SWORDST
first welcome to the board. first ans the spare goes inside the the bed on the drivers side. second open the glass then turn the latch to the right and that will open the tail-gate. I can't hep you w/gauges. you can get xenon replacement headlamps, they'll cost about $80 for the lamps & $30 for the bulbs. well worth it IMO.

·
Beaver Scout
32 Posts
First, I see that some trucks don't have that spare tire door thing in the back. How do you get that off?
Unbolt it

Second, where do you put the spare?
In cargo area standing up

Third, (and this is by far the dumbest question) where is the back door release if the handle were not there?
If your handle is broken pull off the plastic cover on the inside of the tailgate then use a long screwdriver to pop the lock

Where can I get a new handle?
eBay $19 with a key

I'm looking for BLACK gauges
eBay $??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts