S-10 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
time to get cereal
6,129 Posts
I got them on eBay years ago... They are factory wheel covers, so they are plastic "argent" painted with gold bowties in the middle. They attach over the lugnuts.

·
Registered
15 Posts
FYI! The steel rims are more expensive than the aluminum rims. I have two sets that I have hoarded from two trucks that I junked and People found out and I could have sold them for a tidy sum. But I need them for my Trailer. They sell for eight dollars more than 2003 ZQ8 aluminum rims. The rims DO NOT come with centers or lug nuts. The Aluminum rims DO! Crazy, right??

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thank you, can’t wait to see how they look with the new meats on them

yeah i hope discount tire will be careful with them, but even if they get dinged up i can touch them up again, hopefully the clear coat will do its job
I had mine bead blasted and Power Coated BRIGHT Blue-White. They look fantastic.

·
time to get cereal
6,129 Posts
I don't think summit sells baby moons that will fit these wheels. There's no way to attach them other than over the lug nuts like the factory does it.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
31,302 Posts
FYI! The steel rims are more expensive than the aluminum rims. I have two sets that I have hoarded from two trucks that I junked and People found out and I could have sold them for a tidy sum. But I need them for my Trailer. They sell for eight dollars more than 2003 ZQ8 aluminum rims. The rims DO NOT come with centers or lug nuts. The Aluminum rims DO! Crazy, right??
On what planet?? Rock auto has steelies for $83...ZQ8's are $164.

·
Registered
179 Posts
yeah i can pull some of the steelies in question for about ten-fifteen bucks a pop with junk-marginal tires mounted and maybe a center cap or three as well (for some reason i want to say its a crusty chrome/black/red cap)...

if i knew where to sell em for good money i would... but shipping will surely not be worth it...
i dont think they are worth much. the 16"s arent worth what they want either unless it is mint and you have 3 mints already...

lots of aftermarket options....

the kicker though is that they fit corvettes/camaros... i have been approached a handful of times over the years by vette owners wanting to make weird trades for my xtreme's wheels. i couldnt tell you why other than maybe they want to save money on tires?

·
Premium Member
1999 Chevrolet S10 ZR2 4x4 Bald Eagle
375 Posts
Blasted these with a non recycling bootleg black beauty, knock the chrome off, hose...high temp "share Size" rattles( like 3 or 4?) Took a while for the paint to run off the tires as I didn't mask anything, but that's what curbs and trees in parking lots are for I assumed."removing excess paint off sidewalls???" Lol no , but they cane out okay..the caps I had forgotten about and used the "you still have some left!!!" Shaking method on last can and got a little coverage...since then peeled back off but meh?? I don't run these anymore nohow..

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle

Oh yeah company card: free paint
Fake black beauty I had laying in a corner of the shop?: maybe 15 bucks
The look on my girlfriends face when she saw me noticing the chrome center caps on the shelf and violently shaking and screaming at the last spray can to go a bit further so I could cover the centercaps??? : she still giggles when she hears a rattle can...

Edit: just zoomed in on those, they are actually indeed a smooth even finish..don't ask why but that pic was taken after they had been soaked in a mix of leather treatment/care turtle wax and olive oil....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
I know I always found that weird, the GMC trucks come with the nice little black center caps but the chevys dont. I might just use the center caps from the alloys for a while, I put one on the steel rim before painting and it looked pretty decent

I had mine bead blasted and Power Coated BRIGHT Blue-White. They look fantastic.
Nice, if i wasnt cheap Id love to get mine powder coated. Maybe when they start chipping ill have them powder coated haha
I don't think summit sells baby moons that will fit these wheels. There's no way to attach them other than over the lug nuts like the factory does it.
I was wondering about that. Oh well, stock center caps it is

Blasted these with a non recycling bootleg black beauty, knock the chrome off, hose...high temp "share Size" rattles( like 3 or 4?) Took a while for the paint to run off the tires as I didn't mask anything, but that's what curbs and trees in parking lots are for I assumed."removing excess paint off sidewalls???" Lol no , but they cane out okay..the caps I had forgotten about and used the "you still have some left!!!" Shaking method on last can and got a little coverage...since then peeled back off but meh?? I don't run these anymore nohow..

View attachment 357121
View attachment 357122
Oh yeah company card: free paint
Fake black beauty I had laying in a corner of the shop?: maybe 15 bucks
The look on my girlfriends face when she saw me noticing the chrome center caps on the shelf and violently shaking and screaming at the last spray can to go a bit further so I could cover the centercaps??? : she still giggles when she hears a rattle can...

Edit: just zoomed in on those, they are actually indeed a smooth even finish..don't ask why but that pic was taken after they had been soaked in a mix of leather treatment/care turtle wax and olive oil....
beautiful steelies my guy

·
B4U Task Force Admin
31,302 Posts
Was it a lacquer based clear?

41 - 60 of 89 Posts