S-10 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1994 S10 4x4
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi y’all, I’m in southern MN, and was wondering if anyone knew if a junkyard in the area that had some S10s. Thanks!
Or, if anyone is parting out a 94-97 s10 ex-cab LMK.

· Premium Member
2003 Sonoma SLS ext. cab 4.3L / 4x4
2,680 Posts

· Been there Done it
16,824 Posts
Both MN and WI make it tough on the junkyards to meet a continual stream of rules. A friend of mine who has a small yard in SW WI and he's had to hire a second attorney whose job is to just make sure he is OK on all the environmental laws the legislature fells a need to be passed annually. And every time a new county or regional environmental chief is appointed he has to dig out his huge book of old records to show the new guy what rules were grandfathered in 30 or 40 years ago.
Why there are no pic a parts in these states is something I'd like to find out about. I'm sure there is some obscure law prohibiting customers in the yards. Last engine I picked up from LKQ had to be loaded in my truck in the parking lot. My truck wasn't allowed in side the fence.
Might have something to do with liability laws or previous court cases.

· Premium Member
Currently: 96 4wd XCab, 85 2wd S15 XCab, 82 2wd lwb Sport, 95 2wd Jimmy w/95 LT1
460 Posts
I'd get used to the idea of having parts shipped. There are so few yards left that have much for S10's, and in northern areas they are all rusted, that it's not reasonable to expect you'd find just what you need locally. I have had my own small yard, just for locals, local independent garages knew to call me when an S10 came in and needed something old, but it is private and not open to the public, and I am shutting it down as I move to ME. I have a few of those trucks left; what do you need? I can't ship heavy parts, and body panels are not good here. I'm in ME and MA.

For my own use, I am familiar with, and can vouch for, East Coast Used Parts, in Whiteville NC, eastern NC is farm country, they do everything, but especially like trucks. They know shipping real well, and they source and ship rust free rollers, and pallets with LS motor/trans/wiring/plumbing swap packages. My impression is that the S10's in NC are showing up in yards still these days. Used Auto Truck Parts Sales NC SC | Cadillac XLR Parts

My newest truck came from NC, but I've mostly been getting trucks from the eastern parts of OR and WA, high desert ranch country, lots of trucks and I've seen absolutely no rust. I bet there are yards there that have some real nice trucks to pick parts from, and could ship.

· Registered
26 Posts
I am in the metro area.
I have been going to U Pull in East bethel lately.
They have lots of blazers and some s10's. Mostly newer ones.
It is self serve including inventory. ( cant believe the search on the site) Have to go there.
He is moving a lot of cars/trucks. changes every day. He also has sale days. Today was 50%
sale
There is one in Rosemount but I don't know what they have.

· Been there Done it
16,824 Posts
Be careful on facebook. I've gotten screwed more times than not. People not showing for pickup, or junk parts. Be real careful. They're selling on there because ebay has tossed them off.

· Registered
1994 S10 4x4
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am always pretty wary of online purchases. It’s just a guy parting out a truck, I’ll only pay cash when I have the part in my hand, so at the very most I’ll just waste a few hours of my life. (Which I do on a pretty regular basis anyway)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.