S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Time to bulk up!
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After today, I'm not going to eat any junk food. This would include pizza, donuts, Ramen noodles, etc. The only thing that I would consider close to junk food would be whole wheat spaghetti and that will be eaten before 7pm.

I eat really well during the week, but once Friday night and Saturday night roll around, I kind of pig out on ice cream and pizza or maybe Ramen noodles and chocolate muffins or donuts

They might not seem bad to some people, but for me, it sucks. It seems like I have to eat really well all the time to make progress for losing weight. Have a couple bad meals really ruins it for me. Alot of people can get away with having a couple bad meals, but not I.

There was a point about 3 years ago where I eat clean for 3 months and felt awesome! For some reason, I just let it slip. Don't know why. Again, I eat clean 90% of the time, but the 10% really kills me.

So who else is going to join me on this fun adventure??? :haha:

·
Molon Labe
5,297 Posts
I just lost my taste for junk food a while ago. I do like pizza though, and a homemade burger, but the rest of the stuff I try to stay away from.
I'm not overweight now, but am well aware that I could easily gain 10 lbs quickly if I didn't control myself.

·
kick his ass seabass
3,098 Posts
im with ya on this man. i have not drank a single soda in over a month and now im trying to get away from the taco bells, mickey d's, and other junk food places. its helped me so far lost six pounds and still losing some. only home cooked meals (and not overeating then) with a glass of ice water.

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
more power to you man. i have been eating NO junk food for about 2 months now!

but starting after i get back from florida. it's on like donkey kong! i am going to eat what ever i can when i can. i want to put on atleast 30 pounds!

then in Jan./April i can start eating good again and cut down to 150 or so.

I really need to gain some weight and eating right isn't doing anything for me at all! i haven't gained a pound in the 2 months i have been eating right, and i since i have been working out this last month i have gained strength and muscle tone, but i need more meat to look better and get bigger!

·
Captain Obvious
19,352 Posts
I'll do it with you dude but I have to start tomorrow - today's already tanked.

I feel the same way though; I've actually been trying to get my diet together for the past couple of weeks; the week goes great, but once we hit the weekend it kind of falls apart. I actually took this upcoming week off of work so that I can have time to diet and exercise (I need to come up with a routine I can just jump into right after work) stress free in the hopes of pulling myself into a healthier routine altogether.

I actually haven't done half bad since I returned to CA; it's just that my dieting has been sparatic and I know that can get unhealthy.

·
PAGING DR. FAGGOT!
7,371 Posts
more power to you man. i have been eating NO junk food for about 2 months now!

but starting after i get back from florida. it's on like donkey kong! i am going to eat what ever i can when i can. i want to put on atleast 30 pounds!

then in Jan./April i can start eating good again and cut down to 150 or so.

I really need to gain some weight and eating right isn't doing anything for me at all! i haven't gained a pound in the 2 months i have been eating right, and i since i have been working out this last month i have gained strength and muscle tone, but i need more meat to look better and get bigger!
You can't just eat junk food to gain weight though, don't you have to eat like big juicy steaks and shit?

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
that is what i mean.

i have been eating LOW fat, high protein, medium carbs.

i am going to start eating steak, potatoes, beans, etc... hardy food!

stuff that will put weight on you.

including mid morning and mid afternoon protein shake.

i need to eat roughly 6K cals a day. in 4+ meals and snacks.

sounds like a lot but, for now i have been eating 3k or so and burning more then that off at the gym, and running.

·
Chat Bitch
650 Posts
Eh, sure I'll join you. I need to stop wasting my precious money anyways, so that I can buy parts for my truck :D. The almost-daily excursions to Wendy's or the gas station aren't helping my weight right now :(

·
s10f Simpsons Expert
2,009 Posts
After today, I'm not going to eat any junk food. This would include pizza, donuts, Ramen noodles, etc. The only thing that I would consider close to junk food would be whole wheat spaghetti and that will be eaten before 7pm.

I eat really well during the week, but once Friday night and Saturday night roll around, I kind of pig out on ice cream and pizza or maybe Ramen noodles and chocolate muffins or donuts

They might not seem bad to some people, but for me, it sucks. It seems like I have to eat really well all the time to make progress for losing weight. Have a couple bad meals really ruins it for me. Alot of people can get away with having a couple bad meals, but not I.

There was a point about 3 years ago where I eat clean for 3 months and felt awesome! For some reason, I just let it slip. Don't know why. Again, I eat clean 90% of the time, but the 10% really kills me.

So who else is going to join me on this fun adventure??? :haha:

Uhhh, i need pizza...sorry bro.

·
I Have A S-10 Addiction
1,595 Posts
my mom did this crap... it ended putting her in the hospital...its not safe...then again it might not be the same junk food detox your talking about...

·
Time to bulk up!
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Wow! Didn't think I would get this much of a response. Thanks for the support guys and hope that we can all help each other out on this one.

People around us might say comments like, "Oh, its just a piece of cake or a piece of pizza" or "Come on! You only live once" and to me, its like someone offering someone who is trying to quit smoking a cigarette. To the average person, having some bad food here and there isn't a big deal, but to me (and some of you), it is. If I was genetically gifted and could build muscle and be lean without worrying about dieting, I wouldn't worry. But, it isn't like that with me (and some of you) and I want to try my damn hardest to do this and stop eating junk food for good. Well, maybe when I can squat 405 and incline bench press 120 pound DBs, then I might eat a pizza or something. :D

that is what i mean.

i have been eating LOW fat, high protein, medium carbs.

i am going to start eating steak, potatoes, beans, etc... hardy food!

stuff that will put weight on you.

including mid morning and mid afternoon protein shake.

i need to eat roughly 6K cals a day. in 4+ meals and snacks.

sounds like a lot but, for now i have been eating 3k or so and burning more then that off at the gym, and running.
If you are trying to gain weight, I would suggest you eat your beans (fiber) last in your meal. Don't eat salads until you are done with your meal. Eating salads or fruits in the beginning will fill you up. Make sure you eat most of your protein (steak, chicken, lean ground beef, etc.) first, then follow up with carbs. After that, then eat spinach, beans, celery, etc.

my mom did this crap... it ended putting her in the hospital...its not safe...then again it might not be the same junk food detox your talking about...
It was just a title that I gave the thread. It isn't really a "set program" or anything. Hope your mom fully recovered from whatever happened.

·
PAGING DR. FAGGOT!
7,371 Posts
Damn you One Mean S10! I kept seeing that stupid bug in the bottom left of my monitor and blowing on the screen, and nothing was happening. Jesus I just pwn3d myself.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts