S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Can't fly when your High
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a bad vibration at just about all speeds now. my truck is lowered 4 in the front and six in the back. spindles and springs up front, and blocks and springs in the rear. 3 inch blocks and 3 inch springs. I contacted JTR on this problem and they gave me some part numbers on what to do. has anyone bought this kit who has the truck lowered like mine and fixed the problem? kit number is for a short bed, i do have short bed reg cab. #S10-325, $36
any help would be great thank you

http://www.jagsthatrun.com/Pages/Parts_S10-DrvshftKit-Short.html

42,008 Posts
i use the trans spacer and 4 degree blocks on my truck but it's a xcab and i've never had any vibrations. in your case it's worth a shot for the price.
they didn't suggest set back plates? with that much rear drop on a reg. cab short bed i would run them.

·
Can't fly when your High
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i do have the set back plates i forgot to mention them. are they refering too lowered 3 inches with just blocks, or with the springs. because i don't see a option for 6 inches. also with these shims if i get them i should shave at least an inch off my 3 inch blocks to set me level. do you agree?

·
Can't fly when your High
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
basically what i'm trying to ask is since my truck is lowered 6 inches in the back i have 3 inch blocks along with a 3 inch beltech spring. should i got the shim for 3" since i have a 3 inch block or should i get a shim for 4 inches or more.. thats where i'm lost at this point i emailed jtr 3 times a and they wont answer me

·
Registered Hoosier
4,774 Posts
your truck is lowered 6" in the rear. Get the 4" or more shim.

·
keep on keepin on...
259 Posts
Ordered it a few weeks ago and it corrected my prob. With my stb.cab dime. Also bought the blocks from the. Definitely worth the $

·
Registered
97 Posts
i have been thinking about buying this kit also. i am moving to N.C. from ohio at the end of the month and i have an 02 ext. cab zq8 4/4.5, before i lowered my truck, i broke my drive shaft twice within the first year of owning it. i replaced the "cardon" driveshaft with a junkyard drive shaft that did not have that cardon knuckle near the rear-end. i have not broke the drive shaft for three years since i replaced with the junkyard shaft though i do have a vibration at speeds 5-10mph., after that just some minor noise because the truck makes so much road noise. people have told me that there is a bearing back there that is shot but its been like this for 3 years now and the bearing would have probably shredded itself by now and brought the truck to a stop on the highway, so i dont think its the mysterious bearing. im going to order the JTR kit tonight and let you know how it goes. if anyone is opposed please let me know if you think its something else!

p.s. since i lowered the truck the vibration has not gotten worse or better. just the same noise as usual.

·
Registered
97 Posts
little nervous about that JTR site but i just ordered it. anyone kn ow how long it will take to ship to ohio area by chance?...their site failed to mention, they just said i paid them 42 bucks. i guess we'll see.

·
keep on keepin on...
259 Posts
little nervous about that JTR site but i just ordered it. anyone kn ow how long it will take to ship to ohio area by chance?...their site failed to mention, they just said i paid them 42 bucks. i guess we'll see.
ordered mine on a wed. about 2pm and it was on my door step fri. when i got home. From Cali. to Louisiana, that was crazy fast!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
ok sweet cause i want to install it before i move to N.C. casue i cant stand the chatter from the rear end for 20 min. and its a 10 hour drive to nc

·
Can't fly when your High
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yes i ordered the set back plates a year and a half ago and they got to my door in about 3 days it was great. now my next question. with the set back plates and my blocks and the angled shim would i have to shave an inch off my 3" block to keep it level? i have a 4/6 drop now and the rear is about a half inch lower in the rear. it's noticable!

my last question has anyone had to shorten there driveshaft? to keep it from bottoming out in the tail stock ? I have an auto

thanks agian guys

·
Can't fly when your High
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Incubus75 what degree shim did you buy the 4 degree? you just about got the same set up i have i just want my truck to be smooth.

do you all think i should replace my joints? these are only about 18 months old?

·
keep on keepin on...
259 Posts
Incubus75 what degree shim did you buy the 4 degree? you just about got the same set up i have i just want my truck to be smooth.

do you all think i should replace my joints? these are only about 18 months old?
i have a 4 degree shim, it does ride pretty smooth. I love it. Everyone say my truck looks a lot lower than 3/5. i think it does as well. the rear of mine is lower a little bit more since i put the jtr stuff on. With the regular 2" and 2"angled it was perfect. don't think im gonna change it though. its not that noticeable on mine.

·
nva2low
947 Posts
driveshaft balancing..i have an x cab and had my joints done then had to have it balanced after..single cabs shouldnt need tapered blocks at all just measure the pinion angle man say if your tranny is pointed down at 4 degrees..have your rear axle (pinion)up at 4 degrees..if your angles are good id look into having your u joints replaced if they have been done in awhile..speaking from alot of experiences with driveline shakes

·
nva2low
947 Posts
you also said you have there set back plates..you shouldnt need to shorten the shaft with them installed correctly

1 - 20 of 23 Posts