S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will the jet s.c.u. work on a 2000?what does it do besides remove speed limiter?does anyone have one?does it work good?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Jet Chip S20002s stage II

:thumbup: I like my 98 s10 with the chip. when i was installing it the book said 99' but there the same. the Limiteris still there. 92 ****en mph it cuts out and I lose. A toggle switch and the solid green wire in back of your gauges in the wire harness. It will cut off the power to the speedometer. But oh no that might be illegal. Jet chip i git it TwO:thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not the jet chips,its called s.c.u. 2000,i think its supposed to wire to some tranny wires and remover speed limiter and i think it does some other things but i don't know what thats what i'm tryin to find out.

·
Registered
920 Posts
If its a 5spd your screwed unless you do the speedo wire trick or you get a custom burn on the computer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
that speedo trick doesn't work I tried it on my 2000 auto and all it did was stop the odomiter and but it still cuts out at 94 so don't wast the efort

·
Registered
63 Posts
So if I cut the green wire in the wire cluster it wont get rid of my speed limiter?

·
Registered
16 Posts
at least not on an automatic I dont know about a 5 speed but the insterment cluster should be the same but I have heard on the 5 speed you can splice a switch on the speed sencer but again I tried iton my auto and it wouldn't shift out of 1st gear

·
Registered
63 Posts
So it just might work for me?

·
Registered
389 Posts
2000 2.2 and I kept topping out at 94 MPH and I had NOS so I was getting pissed check out ASE chips. They reprogrammed my computer and I love it. Yes I have a 5 speed and they can custom program it to whatever you want, timing, fuel all kinds of stuff and it only cost me $300 to get it done, I wish I would have done it 2 years ago. Now I don't even know where I top out!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you give them the fuel and ignition parameters? Or did they just burn you a factory style ECU without the speed limiter?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts