S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I BURN THINGS
5,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a Jet power shift module for my truck. It made a big diffrence in the way the tranny shifts. It has 4 settings that range from stock to full race. I can get the tires to cherp hitting second.:D Not bad for an auto. If your trying to get every bit of performance out of your truck, then it is well worth the money.

·
14,970 Posts
Yeah i picked up the B&M shift plus (same basic thing) excecpt mine only has 2 settings. But I love it. Picked it up for only $20 too:D

·
Treadwear Waste'n Member
133 Posts
I was wonderin about the JET, cause it costs more $$$$...

was it worth it? is the full race like a "break your neck" shift?:evilg:

and TwigSS, where did you get the B&M for $20???????

I was also thinkin of the TransGo shift pack, but I'm just wondering if I'm wastin my money.

·
I BURN THINGS
5,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AnotherSS said:
I think it is well worth the money. The full race setting isn't a "break your neck shift", but will throw you back in your seat if your not expecting it. The only bad thing aout the Jet is that once you change your setting from stock, you can't change back without shutting off the truck.

·
14,970 Posts
AnotherSS said:

and TwigSS, where did you get the B&M for $20???????

I was also thinkin of the TransGo shift pack, but I'm just wondering if I'm wastin my money.
I got mine used.
check ebay once and a while sometimes they pop up

·
POOR BOY
33 Posts

·
Treadwear Waste'n Member
133 Posts
so just out of curiosity, what would happen if you had a B&M shift improver, and a Valvebody kit??

·
I BURN THINGS
5,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
frknlo said:
You can make your own electronic shift improver for less than $5...... The JET unit is only 3 resistors with some lights. Check it out at my site http://www.frknlo.f2s.com/picturegallery-full.php?path=cheap-shift-kit-install&gallery=5%20Dollar%20Electronic%20Shift%20Kit&columns=2&include_howto=cheap_shift_kit_include&width=250 Hope this helps out some other guys save money!!!!
Good information.....Think you could figure out a way to control this from the cab vs having a resister in the line all the time?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts