S-10 Forum banner

jet chip

994 views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  gutlesswonder 
#1 ·
you guys convinced me to look into buying a jet chip for my 2.2

whats the difference between stage 1 and stage 2?
Where does it get installed? does it replace the stock chip?

and the most important question is does it break the vehicles warrenty?

or if you take it out it will be reset?

thanks guys

#3 ·
I wouldn't say its worth it.....When I took mine off, I could tell it was gone, but not 200 dollars worth of gone :shrugs:

Caleb

#8 ·
no it voided your warranty, they just haven't said anything....they voided my warranty because I have shorter tires in front and they said it'll throw off my TPS

at the bottom of the warranty slip when I took it in, it said....

Warranty voided due to customer modifications!

oh well, time for turbo
Caleb

#9 ·
So they won't tell me I voided my warrenty until something breaks related to my mods? Because I have the chip, an intake, an underdrive pulley and a 2" lift. Though I doubt they would notice the chip or pulley, the intake is obvious and the lift is also.

#10 ·
yeah they'll notice your chip and pullies.....its kinda hard not to notice something that says "JET" in yellow letters and chrome pullies.....They'll wait until something breaks and THEN tell you your warranty is shit.....

Caleb

#11 ·
That is ludicrous. Smaller tires will not void your warranty. Jet Performance Chips also will not void your warranty. If you are getting this story from your dealer there is a problem. Believe it or not, there are some dealers out there that will do just about everything in their power to tell the customer that repairs needed are not under warranty simply because they make more money on a service ticket if _they_ deem that it shouldn't be under warranty. I even know of a dealership or two in my are that in the past has been caught for having customers pay for repairs that should have been under warranty, then submitting the very same ticket to GM for warranty repairs (sound a bit like double-billing?). I'm not saying that this specifically is happening to you, but sounds a bit fishy. Push 'em, ask alot of questions as to why they think the problem shouldn't be covered. If you are a young un (under 25) have your father go down there (if possible), they are a lot less likely to try that crap with him.

#12 ·
ther is a law that helps people out in this situation.its actually an act its like the muntz and somthing act.it states that to void the warranty because of an aftermarket part is insane the actual dealer has to prove without a doubt that the problem has to be caused by the part.so if they try to say a motor warantry is voided because of tires they have to prove that the tires adversely affected to problem with the motor.mitsubishi tried to void a warranty on a friends car cause he was lowered but this act saved him from having to replace the motor and mitsubishi had to replace the motor at no cost.god why cant i remember the whole name of the act.im sure someone here knows ask around...........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.