S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have any mods to my engine. But I plan on intake, headers and exhaust. Should I do those mods first then the chip or what? I'm thinking going exhaust, intake, headers then chip. Any opinions?

Thanks,
Jay

·
Medium Pimpin'
2,403 Posts
if it were me i would get the intake and exhaust first then get the chip..........

·
For Sale
190 Posts
Weasel said:
if it were me i would get the intake and exhaust first then get the chip..........
i'll second that thought :)

·
I doubt everything.
160 Posts
well

lets assume for am oment that my current plans haven't been drastically changed (suddenly found money for a turbo setup!!!) here is alist of the mods to my trucks drivetrain.

1. flowmaster muffler
2. K&N drop in (useless froma performance standpoint)
3. TPS-TEC controller
4. Taurus electric fan
5. Volant intake
6. TB spacer

Now I have noticed very good gains from these mods (to the tune of about 15 hp or so) Had my plans not changed to a turbo setup,my next mod would have been a chip. Also keep in mind that gas prices are sucking some major azz lately (premium around here is $2.10/gallon) The Jet Stage 2 chip requires premium, so even if you do gain some MPG you will lose that money paying for the better gas.

But hten again this is just my $.02

Mike D

·
Med School member
179 Posts
Didnt know the chip required Premium. well forget that!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Jet

Yeah, The stage 2 chip recommends the use of premium fuel and an already modified intake and exhaust. I'm going with the stage 1.....and actually the same day I get the chip, I put my Flowmaster and Hotshot on...(just want to do a FEW things at once, perhaps I will 'notice' more improvement)

I figure if I really open it up later with a header and maybe a Mantapart head, I can prob get 2/3 of $ back selling the stage I anyway...and grab the stage II

What are you guys running octane wise? I have been pussin out and going mid-grade.....(89-91 here in Texas)...I think I ran one tank of regular unld (87) through it since I've had it (1 month)

Cheers,
Russ

1 - 6 of 6 Posts