S-10 Forum banner
621 - 640 of 657 Posts

· poop
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #624 ·
What took so long getting it back in?
Getting the throw out bearing, clutch and pilot bearing all lined up perfect. I could get everything but the pilot bearing in, like I could see that the throwout was on the shaft, I knew the clutch disc was on but it was still 3/4" or so away from bolting up. So I didn't know if something was misaligned or not. I ended up just tightening the bolts slowly and I could feel the input shaft kinda press into the pilot bushing. 8 hours overall by myself isn't too bad, I'm not a mechanic so there was at least 3 hours of struggling and head scratching, lol.

· poop
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #627 ·
Swapped to buckets.
Made brackets

Bolted to the floor. No sliders. Because 6'5"

Started making a center console, not sure how I feel about it though.

Pulled the flooring out, its only pinholed through in a few spots, it's all been wire wheeled down and coated.

Also, I killed my rear tires because I'm a child and I can't stop doing barnouts.
Untitled by Jake, on Flickr

· poop
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #629 ·
6'5", damn! i thought 6'2" sucked in my little black truck. i've been meaning to come in here to stir the pot. glad to see an update. still waiting on burnout pics/vid!!!!
If you click on that last pic it's a shitty angle of one of the many burnouts that contributed to my current tire situation, lol.

Oh, also I've started collecting parts to fix the body up. My new thing is, every time I order from summit and I need another part to get me over the $100 free shipping mark, I throw a body panel in the cart, lol.

· poop
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #631 ·
Sup dude? ltnc How are ya? Do 2nd gen SUV consoles fit the 1st gens?

Did you happen to see this thing yet?...
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f30/mos-1993-olds-achieva-scx-w41-791537/
Hay brah! I'm good, just been livin. Needed to take a break from the internet for a bit, lol. Plus I had to reset my password for the forum to log in and I was lazy and didn't feel like it until now.

I think 2nd gen consoles fit, but I had this idea of what I wanted for a center console, and then I built it, and then I realized I didn't like my idea as much anymore, lol. If I can make this console work it'll be awesome, I made room for gauges, cupholders, switches, a sub box to hold an Alpine 8" type-r, and it still has a decent sized storage hole. I need something with low armrests since the seats are mounted low now. I actually need to do something with the door panels aswell, since my elbow hits the armrest if I grab the wheel anywhere below 11 o'clock.

· poop
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #633 ·
Hmmmm. Yeah, I was going to ask about how much lower the seating position is now. The console you made is alright it just looks a little chunky in the shifter area.
The brackets I made are 1x1 and those are sitting on the floor in the back and raised up probably 1.5-2" in the front, just guessing from looking at the 86 blazer, the seats are about 1.5" lower than stock.

· poop
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #635 ·
Damn, that's gotta feel weird. At least initially. I know going from the 60/40 in my truck to the Sunturd buckets was really weird at first.
When I first took the bench out I sat one of the buckets on the floor and sat in it and it was amazing. I could actually see my gauges through the wheel, it was comfortable, but yeah it was a huge difference. Then when I built the brackets I had to raise them 1" and it kinda made them not as good, lol. Still better than the bench, but I think I may go back and redo the seat mounts in flat stock instead of 1x1 just to drop them back down, maybe even "persuade" the floor where I need to gain some more room.

· word to ya mutha
1,120 Posts
If you click on that last pic it's a shitty angle of one of the many burnouts that contributed to my current tire situation, lol.
Haha. Didn't even realize it. I was wondering why there was a shot down the side of your truck. I have a hard time not doing burnouts as well. Always telling myself I need to stop beating on the poor thing before I break something but I can't help myself.

· Flame It ALL
9,080 Posts
Between the burnout vids of this and the Bravada that you post on Instagram, I'm not surprised your tires are junk!

· poop
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #640 ·
WC goodness. Decoded the tag, 1352-222. Which other than being a WC the other difference is it has a .72 OD rather than my .86 OD which is barely even a difference from 4th gear.
Fun fact, the top speed of the iron duke with the .86 OD was about 105mph. With the .72 OD the duke doesn't have enough power to accelerate in 5th :haha: so the theoretical top speed of about 125mph is actually about 90mph, lol.

621 - 640 of 657 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.