S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a jbl bp300.1 to hook up to my 2 12"JL w0's.
Anyways....I hooked everything up, however it is just not loud enough. I run a Jensen 300 watt amp before and the jbl is not a single little bit louder, it might even be less.
Is there a way to brigdge on this amp......has anybody a similar setup???? Any tips or suggestions??
Thanks in advance

·
Banned
21,222 Posts
what impedance are the subs voice coils?

they should be plenty loud........a friend of mine had 2 12w0's off a JL 250/1 in the back of a Thunderbird and it was awfully loud.....

·
black culture thief?!
1,702 Posts
are they 8 ohm subs? If they are then you are only getting 150 watts from the amp.

·
Always Dreamin Big
2,300 Posts
The amp is a monoblock, so when you wire one sub to each output it is the same as running the subs parallel off a 2 channel amp that is bridged.

So anyway, I am guessing that truckramrod has it right, you are using 8 ohm subs, which runs the amp at 4 ohms, which gives a whooping 75 rms to each sub, not enough to get them pounding.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just checked and they are 4ohm subs!!!!!

I have been playing around with the head-unit a lilltle bit, the jbl amp is connected to the "non-fader" rca on the unit, when i crank the non-fader up all the way and the regular bass gain to 3/4, the bass sound good, but my other speakers sound like they are gonna explode any second. The speakers are 4 Infinty reference 150 w. handling running on a 2 channel 300 watt Jensen.
all advices appreciated.

·
Always Dreamin Big
2,300 Posts
Did you make sure the subs are in phase (proper + to + and - to - connections)? If they are wired out of phase then they will hit opposite of one-another (usually very hard to see, but easy to hear). This will make output very, VERY low, even with everything cranked. Try switching the + and - of ONE of the subs and see what happens.

You should not have to have the gain, bass boost, and deck levels all cranked. My friend runs a pair of 12W-0's with 1.25ft^3 each and 160 rms each and they get more than loud enough.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts