S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
ZQ8 2001
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who's got 'em? i was thinking of getting some and was curious to what everyone thinks of them. worth the price? how hard is install (i hear its a PITA)? any loss of torque? any improvements in 1/4 mi? thanks for all replies.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Headers are the most important part of Exhausting of spent gases. You can do catbacks all day and maybe gain 5-7 horses, they also dont do much for the other mods you may do. Headers and a properly tuned exhaust compliment any mod you my do to the fullest. JBA's and Gibsons work the entire range focusing in on low to mid range. Edelbrocks with the y-pipe also work the entire range, but they focus on mid to upper. It is a worthwhile mod for anybody trying to get the most they can, even without going internal, or boosting. Any header on our trucks is not easy to change, it takes time when your working with limited space. I do like my JBA's, 1/4 don't know, dyno wise with all the other mods Ive got , they gained me 21 H.P. and 27 ft. pds of torque.

·
Audi Tech
2,485 Posts
i can tell you the install is a pain. take a day or 2. but they are worth it. no loss of power.

·
ZQ8 2001
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
where is the best place to order these? best price i have seen is $330? did you guys have them ceramic coated? it is another $165 for the extreme heat black coating. do you think it is worth it? thanks again!!

·
ZQ8 2001
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Liftedbronco said:
ceramic is a must to me...y not get the black...its not much more.....reacenet.net has good prices on em
hmmm... who is it that has these good prices? do you have a link? thanks.

·
Audi Tech
2,485 Posts
i have silver ceramic, they hold up well. its better for heat and protects for rust. i went silver to have a little more for looks. its up to you, silver or ultra black, they'll both work. if your building up your motor, i'd go black for the extra protection. and i got mine through a group purchase a year ago

·
Camaro Owner, S10 Lover.
148 Posts
My JBA Headers are for sale. Still in the box. If you are interested, drom me a line! They are the chrome headers for 98+ 4.3L!

Later.
John
[email protected]

PS (Thats an "OH" for the first letter, not a "zero")

·
Ranger Invaider
102 Posts
Well I don't have an S10 but I've got JBAs the silver ceramic coated ones on my 4.0 Ranger and love them. They are deffinately a high quality peice and came with everything I needed to install them. The installation is long but not impossible. It took me and a friend about 7 hours to install them on my truck on saturday. If your going to get headers of any kind I highly recommend that you get them ceramic coated. Some people don't realize how thick the stock manifolds are on most cars which actually absorbs and helps decipate some of the heat from under the hood area. My under the hood temps actually increased slightly after I installed the headers and like I said mine are ceramic coated. I know it's not S10 but I hope I've helped some.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts