S-10 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
SyTy Speed Shop
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been searching for exhaust upgrades for my 98 Bravada project that is getting a supercharged 4.3, and while i had a system i made that is 3" into a dynomax ultra flow muffler and a dynomax 2.5" mandrel bent tailpipe i was looking for a 3" tail pipe, but wasn't finding much.

Well today i found on eBay a JBA Performance full 3" stainless catback kit for 95-99 Blazer/Jimmy/Bravada 4dr 2 /4WD for 209 shipped on eBay. The seller had 6 kits available and i just order one for mine.

Just thought id share if anyone is looking for a nice bolt on exhaust kit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...il&pgrp=main:email&e=op&mchn=em&s=ci&mail=sys

·
SyTy Speed Shop
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Just in case anyone was wondering I got the kit in today and it is in fact a full 3” mandrel bent stainless and the big tip is a nice touch.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Do you think this could easily be modified (cut and welded shorter) for a 2 door?

·
SyTy Speed Shop
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you think this could easily be modified (cut and welded shorter) for a 2 door?
Yes I think so. I’m going to cut off the flange where it attaches to the stock cat pipe.

Also the 2 door tail pipe is slightly shorter than the 4 door but again I think it could be shortened to work.

For 209 shipped its a really nice exhaust kit. I also scored a set of JBA shorty silver ceramic coated stainless headers on eBay brand new in the box for 250 shipped. Decided to go this route over trying to run the long tube headers I have on this truck. I need it to be more bolt on using stock stuff plus Al at Wynjammer said the shorties work better in his experience, so we’ll see.

Reactions: blakearonson

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
I'm wondering about the 2 door fitment as well. I've got the bends mapped out in CAD for a 2 door to go 3", but never went through the effort of finding someone to bend it up.

Do you have it on the Bravada yet? Would it be crazy to bring along when you stop by to pick up the parts? I might have to pull the trigger on this even if you can't, but tossing it in place would definitely help me convince myself to spend the money.

·
SyTy Speed Shop
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm wondering about the 2 door fitment as well. I've got the bends mapped out in CAD for a 2 door to go 3", but never went through the effort of finding someone to bend it up.

Do you have it on the Bravada yet? Would it be crazy to bring along when you stop by to pick up the parts? I might have to pull the trigger on this even if you can't, but tossing it in place would definitely help me convince myself to spend the money.
Nope, I just took it out of the box to check it out. It will be a few weeks atleast before it gets installed. Decided to put my “way to much money” built 4.3 into the truck with the wynjammer and the new cam is still a few weeks out maybe more.

I do need to come get those leaf springs and I could bring the exhaust to test fit. I was thinking of getting one of these kits for my Blazer ZR2 project but not sure it would be large enough for a blown LS setup.

Yeah custom exhaust is tough to find, I’ve contacted a few local places about doing a copy of the stock 4wd y-pipe in 2.5” but no takers.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
I do need to come get those leaf springs and I could bring the exhaust to test fit. I was thinking of getting one of these kits for my Blazer ZR2 project but not sure it would be large enough for a blown LS setup.
Let me know when you want to stop by. I'll make sure Pat is out of the way of the hoist and we can pull the Blazer in for a test fit.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
It looks like part number 40-3025 is the correct one for the 2 doors.

There are 3 auctions up for it, all considerably more than the 4 door version.

two of the auctions have a different stock image, one has a stock image that matches the 4 door image, but I'm guessing they just chose the wrong stock image?

The one pictured in the two matching auctions looks a bit different than the 4 door version, so I'm guessing it may or may not work. I'll hold off buying one until you two report if you think it might work, cause that really is a good price.

supposed 2 door version
https://i.ebayimg.com/thumbs/images/g/Sc4AAOSwpaZbmlLK/s-l225.jpg

and 4 door version
https://i.ebayimg.com/thumbs/images/g/vb0AAOSwxvxW6zz7/s-l225.jpg

Also wondering if it would work on a regular cab s10.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
@FirstGensForever we never took a look at this, but did you ever conpare to your ZR2?

Probably doesn't matter as the 4 door kit is going for $300 now and so is the 2 door.

From emissions testing my Silverado I'm guessing they'll be looking for a tail pipe on the Blazer to probe once I go to change the registration over to Oregon unlike what they say on the website... It's probably time for me to pull the trigger on this, but somewhat wary not having the truck available to test fit.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Summit racing and speedway have the 40-3025 2 door kit for $291 shipped.

It says it's good for 96-99, any reason it shouldn't work on my 02 if it's just a cat back? I thought the only difference over the years was extra O2 sensors and the pre cat in the y pipe on 98 ups.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts

It says it's good for 96-99, any reason it shouldn't work on my 02 if it's just a cat back? I thought the only difference over the years was extra O2 sensors and the pre cat in the y pipe on 98 ups.
Yeah. That's where I was getting the $300 cost from. Mike said he got his 4 door version for $200, but that's not the price I'm finding on eBay any more.

I can't think of any reason it would be different for the 2000+ It's a cat back, so might have been a length/flange change behind the Cat that doesn't bolt up on the later trucks, but I don't care because my setup is completely custom at this point. I'm just using it for the bends/parts to get over the axle easily.

·
SyTy Speed Shop
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Yeah. That's where I was getting the $300 cost from. Mike said he got his 4 door version for $200, but that's not the price I'm finding on eBay any more.

I can't think of any reason it would be different for the 2000+ It's a cat back, so might have been a length/flange change behind the Cat that doesn't bolt up on the later trucks, but I don't care because my setup is completely custom at this point. I'm just using it for the bends/parts to get over the axle easily.
Yeah I got the 4dr kit for 204 shipped I think it was. To good to pass up. The 96-99 exhaust has a 3 bolt flange where it attaches to the y-pipe behind the cat. The 00+ has a 2 bolt flange.

I’m using a modified y-pipe from my 02 on my 98 Bravada so I’ll just cut off the 3 bolt flange and use a band clamp.

The 2 and 4 dr kits have different tail pipes. The 2 dr goes thru the spring and the 4 dr goes around the back and under.

·
SyTy Speed Shop
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have been watching a 2Dr kit on eBay for awhile that was listed at 295 plus 55 shipping and today I made an offer of 205 plus the shipping and they accepted. So sometime next week I’ll have the kit here. It’s going on my Blazer ZR2 with the 1 7/8 LT headers and 3” ORY pipe from Speed Engineering.

260 shipped is alittle more than I wanted to pay, but to be stainless and full 3” and bolt on I figured it’s a good place to start for an exhaust system and I can always use it as a template if I need to go larger down the road.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Damn. That was you that got it? I offered him 200 like a month back and it auto-rejected my offer, so I wrote him off.

Cheaper than the $300 new they go for from Summit etc. I'll break down and buy it at some point because paying to have a custom mandrel bent piece will be more than that I'm sure.

·
SyTy Speed Shop
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Damn. That was you that got it? I offered him 200 like a month back and it auto-rejected my offer, so I wrote him off.

Cheaper than the $300 new they go for from Summit etc. I'll break down and buy it at some point because paying to have a custom mandrel bent piece will be more than that I'm sure.
Yeah it was me. I offered him 195 at first to put it at 250 shipped and it auto rejected as well, so I the did 205 and it sent him the offer and he accepted.

I decided to get it as a good starting point my my Blazer and if I need to go larger down the road I can use it as a template to have a larger mandrel bent system made.

Reactions: Harley

·
SyTy Speed Shop
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I got the 2Dr JBA Kit the other day, pretty much looks like the only difference from the 4dr and 2Dr Kit is the tailpipe length and where it exits the truck.

Pretty nice kit and while 260 shipped was alittle more than I wanted to pay, it’s still not a bad deal for a bolt on full 3” catback.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts