S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
shysa
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:bowtie:
First of all, I will start by saying that Im a newbie to bags, rear setups, and this forum alltogther.

second. This subject will probably be touchy, but I just want to know what you all think, and especially what jason thinks about it.

third, a little info bout my current status w/ bags:
I ordered a sick kit from jason, and I have nothing but the best experiences with buying my stuff from him he is a cool a$$ guy, and Im def gonna buy more from him.
I got the works. 12 gal tank, 2 viv450s, 1/2 fills, and 3/8 dumps, bags, front cups, shock relocators, lines, gauges, etc...
I didnt get anything for the back yet, cause its a daily driver and I wanna do it right.
I installed my front setup by my damself and I think I did a good job and It works great. Im working on my gallery right now, so look for me on the 1st gen s-10 part.

Anyways. here is the big kahunaa:
I know how most of the members say that a reverse fourlink is a horrible setup. and also the half forward and half reverse is supposed to be like the worst thing in the world or something.

I have been seriously contemplating jasons 5-link, because it looks like a FUKN AWESOME setup and is an awesome deal.

but isnt it a half foreward and half reversed linkage setup?

or are the rear bars not affecting anything but lift

wouldnt they try to pull the axle back while lifting and the triangulated link try to pull foreward?

:dunno: I really want to know how it works, because i REALLY want to buy that setup. I dont want this to become a 4-link :argue: or anything, I just want some general input

Jason, You da man.

Attachments

·
Oh, yea...
966 Posts
It is a complete forward set up. The two bars with the bags on them are only for lift. Check out on his pic where he connected it to the axel, there are two hinges so it won't affect the angle of the axel, just the lift. Cool? You can't see the two lower bars that hold the axel because of the angle of the picture, but you can see the "wish bone" over the pumpkin.

Attachments

·
RIP U.S.A. 7/4/1776-11/3/
1,040 Posts
they have the "dog-bone" i think is what they call it. the bars that go backwards have a little link between the bars and the axel. so when the bars provide lift the dog-bones allow for the expansion. the 3 link are the 3 bars that go forward and they keep the axel in place. you can just get the 3link and not have the lift bars

·
shysa
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool guys. Im glad that this didnt turn all controvercial.
thanks for the info, def gonna get it now.
I didnt see those links when I looked at the pic on his site, I thought they were just attached to the axle

·
I AM A LUNATIC!
5,924 Posts
fastupps said:
cool guys. Im glad that this didnt turn all controvercial.
thanks for the info, def gonna get it now.
I didnt see those links when I looked at the pic on his site, I thought they were just attached to the axle
we just took like 100 pics of our 5 link kit yesterday for a magazine ad. ill post some up tomorrow when i get the images back. this kit rocks! i love it so much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts