S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
N pieces
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got done ordering some parts from Jason today and one of the main parts was his engine driven compressor kit. Ok i dont know if any of you have ever done this kit befor but if you have i need some?'s answered. first is what if any fabrication has to be done???? and what Psi have some of you took it up to.

that is all i can think of right know. when it all gets here (friday) i am going to start the install (2 12 gal tanks 4 more val a switch bax and the comp) i will keep you all up to date with many pics. but first i need some of you to help me with my ?'s.

I must also say that jason is god.

Just wanted to say Thanks again Jason

Thanks,
~Jesse Kater~

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
If you didnt know, this is the Airlift/Easystreet Air Commander (www.airliftcompany.com) They have manuals/instruction manuals on their site. I dont run that exact kit, but I run a compressor pretty much just like theirs and I run mine at 200psi. It's fine. You may have to modify some stuff to make it fit and you may not.... I've heard of people having to do both.

·
I'm poor
1,665 Posts
I dont mean to whore, but hey cab, how much did you pay for your york, and where'd you get it. You have a serpentine belt right? where'd you get the clutch / how much?

·
Resident *******
11,267 Posts
siks10 - what size engine do you have? is it a 2.2 or a 4.3? if it's a 4.3 make sure you get the bracket that goes from the York compressor to the stock ac compressor. if you don't get this bracket and you have a 4.3 you'll break shit. i have ran mine to above 200 psi, but my gauge only goes to 200 so i don't know exactly what i was running.

luis

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
motomullet said:
I dont mean to whore, but hey cab, how much did you pay for your york, and where'd you get it. You have a serpentine belt right? where'd you get the clutch / how much?
$85, Autozone, comes out of a 81 Ford F100. It's serpentine and my clutch I got from a guy, but they can be bought at onboardair.com for $100 or at Autozone for the same price.

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
You can get the compressors for about 35 bucks with a V-belt clutch at junk yards. Go look at the how to section of the forum and there is a how to that I created telling you how to use a V-belt compressor in a truck with a serp belt system. or you can buy the comp at a junk yard for about 35 and then get the clutch from onboardair.com

·
NOT AN ADMIN!!
2,230 Posts
wheres jasons engine driven compressor kit
?

·
NOT AN ADMIN!!
2,230 Posts
ahh i see it he updated his site, i dont know if i should put my own engine kit together or just buy a brand new one that bolts rite up on?

·
N pieces
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it comes with instructions and all of the brackets and you can keep you ac too. it also comes with the new engine coolint resevior too

1 - 13 of 13 Posts