S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Got Stones????
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[email protected] us on the new bolt on notch

i saw a few weeks ago that you were making a bolt on notch for s-10's which favors the notch used on the airride roadgrator kit....up date us on your progress

·
Got Stones????
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jason would it be possible to make a bar that bolts on to each notch so that the upper bag mounts and upper shock mounts could all be one piece completely bolt on?? and for the bottom you could use your new bolt on 3 link with your new lower bag brackets with the lower shock mounts allready attached....this way the only welding that would have to be done would be the lower bag bracket to the axle....seems like a bitchin kit to me...im in if you could fab that upper bar across the 2 bolt in notches.....

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
db machine said:
jason would it be possible to make a bar that bolts on to each notch so that the upper bag mounts and upper shock mounts could all be one piece completely bolt on?? and for the bottom you could use your new bolt on 3 link with your new lower bag brackets with the lower shock mounts allready attached....this way the only welding that would have to be done would be the lower bag bracket to the axle....seems like a bitchin kit to me...im in if you could fab that upper bar across the 2 bolt in notches.....
:stupid: I'd buy something like that.

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
Yeah that would be cool, but a while ago I talked to larry to see if he could fab something like that up for me and he said that it would kill the structure, because usually if you bolt something on you bolt it from the inner part to the outside of the framerail, with that the frame would have too much flex side to side, atleast thats what I remember him telling me..... I guess we will have to wait and see what jason says about it.

·
NOT AN ADMIN!!
2,230 Posts
i got a little update, no bolt in step for the 5 link because of the extra stress of the frame in the back or something, if its a regular four link your doing then the bolt in step notch is game and will be finished in about 2 weeks

·
Got Stones????
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i was gonna use jasons 3 link with the bolt in notches he is building right now....maybe he can fabricate some kind of upper bag bracket bar that will bolt on to each bolt notch....then the only welding would be the lower bag bracket onto the axle....should be a bitchin kit if it could be made

·
Registered
565 Posts
jason any news yet, im leaveing for iraq soon and may have to order it from you there and have it shiped to my house, but would like any updates on this.
thanks

·
Registered
565 Posts
bumpage

1 - 10 of 10 Posts