S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
jason,

i dont know if this is due too your bag bracket being offcenter or what but, i have a '00 ranger and bought your cups. well my driver side bag is rubbing bad, almost thru it looks like, but my pass side isnt rubbing at all.

it's rubbing really bad all around but the worse up top inside the coil spring pocket...

i dont have access to a torch anytime soon and want to know if it's cause the cups off center or somthing. tried to call ya but ur damn phones always busy or off i think.

any help from anyone would be great, know this is S10 forum but RPS is down (as usual) --- any suggestions? thanks.

-ryan

·
Just BAG IT!
1,963 Posts
you need to cut the spring pocket out man...

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
ryan. i'm not sure how the ranger cups are setup, but i know the s10 cups, the mounting bolt is offset from center, and you have to install the cup a certain way. it's a possibility that you need to spin the cup 180º and re-torque the bolts down.

if i remember right, bolt goes towards outside of truck, bag port towards middle of truck.

·
I AM A LUNATIC!
5,924 Posts
phat00 said:
jason,

i dont know if this is due too your bag bracket being offcenter or what but, i have a '00 ranger and bought your cups. well my driver side bag is rubbing bad, almost thru it looks like, but my pass side isnt rubbing at all.

it's rubbing really bad all around but the worse up top inside the coil spring pocket...

i dont have access to a torch anytime soon and want to know if it's cause the cups off center or somthing. tried to call ya but ur damn phones always busy or off i think.

any help from anyone would be great, know this is S10 forum but RPS is down (as usual) --- any suggestions? thanks.

-ryan
call me. the reason the phone is busy is because it hardly leaves my ear.
812-782-3581

P

·
0 Posts
singer, you tard, you need to trim that shit, thats what I told you. LOL

oh and his cups are free floaters

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
throw the ranger away and get a s10. problem solved!

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
slamminmini said:
hey jason do u do full installations on trucks
as far as i know, no, he does not. someone asked him at indy bash how much to install suicide doors, and he replied "$10,000 b/c we don't want to do it and we don't have the time to do it"

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i think i can get away with taking a grinder to the coil pocket, jay i'll call if that doesnt work, but i dont know why it wouldnt.

and bryan, u dumbass, my lip and coil pocket is a lot thinner and weaker than ur's already. so i can't just go in with the torch like on urs...

and i know i should get an s10, that's my next buy. thanks guys, and jay i wasnt trying to rag on ur brackets, i just new that title'd get some attention. thanks.

-ryan

·
Muppet Baby Member
4,261 Posts
ranger........ hmmmm......

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
suicidedoors.com said:
tony is saying that it sounds like his upper cup needs to be turned around.

keyword: clocking
ahh, so he's saying what i said in the first place, huh?? :rock:

y2k xtreme said:
ryan. i'm not sure how the ranger cups are setup, but i know the s10 cups, the mounting bolt is offset from center, and you have to install the cup a certain way. it's a possibility that you need to spin the cup 180º and re-torque the bolts down.

if i remember right, bolt goes towards outside of truck, bag port towards middle of truck.

lmfao:02redxbla

·
growing up a bit..
5,182 Posts
lol phil.. tonys using some huge ass words.. please refrain from that on this board from here on.. thanks

1 - 20 of 20 Posts