S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
suicidedoors.com said:
just think of it this way.... you are on hold the same time as 10 other pissed off people are on hold. maybe we should make it so that when your on hold you can actually talk to the other people on hold. you can be like.... so, what you going to buy? and most likely they will answer... oh, im just checking on my 5 link that I ordered over a month ago.
I really like this idea maybe if you have the ability,

When you first call in have the computer generate you a number. It will say “ You are caller #15 “ then it will dump you into a waiting room full of others on hold.

A staff member whose only job is to chat with people on hold in the waiting room. To help answer quick questions like when are you open till back order times and so on and get in and out quick.

Just a thought would cost allot to implement but being able to chat with outers while on hold would make the time fly.

·
355 member
13,485 Posts
heh, that's kinda cool, but you might be talkin to joe shcmo and then get aggravated or something.

another idea, is that he needs a system to where you're on hold, but you're not tied up on the phone. Like a prompt that says "to retain you're place in line, press 2, then hang up" that way when you're # or whatever comes up, he can call you back. Neat

·
former owner
7,389 Posts
scrubz739 said:
another idea, is that he needs a system to where you're on hold, but you're not tied up on the phone. Like a prompt that says "to retain you're place in line, press 2, then hang up" that way when you're # or whatever comes up, he can call you back. Neat

We have that callback feature at work. If someone is on the phone, the caller ID on my phone will prompt me for callback. I can set it and hang up. Then, the instant their line frees up, my phone rings and when I pick it up, it calls them back instantly.

·
FloridaTruckScene.com
5,190 Posts
98SS said:
We have that callback feature at work. If someone is on the phone, the caller ID on my phone will prompt me for callback. I can set it and hang up. Then, the instant their line frees up, my phone rings and when I pick it up, it calls them back instantly.
that is nice..

·
Registered Asshole
5,823 Posts
I think the chatroom is an awesome idea, and so is the call back, just have peeps enter their Cell Numbers automatically and if they dont want to wait and hang up, the comp generates a list of #'s that needs to be called back. Cool idea.

·
PAGING DR. ******!
7,371 Posts
That is a pretty sweet idea, you can hire me as the chatroom guy. :)

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Low99Sonoma said:
I think the chatroom is an awesome idea, and so is the call back, just have peeps enter their Cell Numbers automatically and if they don’t want to wait and hang up, the comp generates a list of #'s that needs to be called back. Cool idea.

Hell yea,

"welcome to suicide doors.com Please press one to wait for a representative or Press 2 to be placed into a chat room as you wait. or Press 3 to have your number recorded and placed on the call back list in the order received"

IF 1 " Hold music"

If 2 "Welcome to the chat room... (sound of other people talking and waiting room music)"

If 3 " Please enter your number now followed by the pound sign"...."Thank you please wait for a sd representative to call you back as soon as they are available to help you."

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
DJDAudio said:
Hell yea,

"welcome to suicide doors.com Please press one to wait for a representative or Press 2 to be placed into a chat room as you wait. or Press 3 to have your number recorded and placed on the call back list in the order received"

IF 1 " Hold music"

If 2 "Welcome to the chat room... (sound of other people talking and waiting room music)"

If 3 " Please enter your number now followed by the pound sign"...."Thank you please wait for a sd representative to call you back as soon as they are available to help you."
Wouldn't this get quite confusing with more than like 5 or 6 people in the chatrooms? I assume that if suicidedoors is so busy there would be several people on hold at once.

·
notalifestyle
3,191 Posts
i think the call back thing is a good idea, but not the chat room...i think there would almost be to many people for that..

·
murse
13,200 Posts
dillon_b12 said:
Wouldn't this get quite confusing with more than like 5 or 6 people in the chatrooms? I assume that if suicidedoors is so busy there would be several people on hold at once.
how about separate chatrooms. like have multiple chat rooms with limits on the number of people allowed in each room. like if the limit is 4 people to each room, that fifth person woiuld be transfered to another room. i could see how that would work.

·
Suicided Member
2,531 Posts
The chatroom thing is possible, but I doubt that it would ever get implemented. In order to do so it would have to be set up, more or less, as a conference. In order to add to the conference, they would need a line open to make the transfer (I install and program PBX and NBX's all day). Meaning they would have to have a crap load of phone lines. The call back is prolly already a feature they have, and just may not have it activated. If someone from SD wants to get a hold of me and let me know what type of phone system they have, I may be able to help set some of this up for you guys, I'm up to speed on just about all Avaya (Partner, Legend, Magix, System 75, 25, and IP Office), and fairly familiar with Nortel (Meridaian, ect) systems. PM me if you want me to look into it.

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ExtremeVI said:
The chatroom thing is possible, but I doubt that it would ever get implemented. In order to do so it would have to be set up, more or less, as a conference. In order to add to the conference, they would need a line open to make the transfer (I install and program PBX and NBX's all day). Meaning they would have to have a crap load of phone lines. The call back is prolly already a feature they have, and just may not have it activated. If someone from SD wants to get a hold of me and let me know what type of phone system they have, I may be able to help set some of this up for you guys, I'm up to speed on just about all Avaya (Partner, Legend, Magix, System 75, 25, and IP Office), and fairly familiar with Nortel (Meridaian, ect) systems. PM me if you want me to look into it.

You are right no one has it because it is not practical lol

but a neat thought,

The call back would be nice though.

·
Usted huele como un asno
1,197 Posts
my brother in law works for a company that designs and sells large phone systems for call centers and stuff like that. i'm going to ask him about the whole call back idea and i'll get back to you all.... seems way to simple though, must have some sort of catch?:monkeypee:booty:
by the way.......... i'd pee in her butt

·
murse
13,200 Posts
^^whos butt?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts