S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Computer Geek
6,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. well we can make the trucks as low as we want and don't think of how to jack them up. i have a static dropped s-10 and can't find a jack that will fit under it. does anyone know where i can find one that is extremely low profile. any help is appreciated thanks.

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
none of my jacks fit under it either BUT ya gotta know the tricks of the trade my friend. next time drive the truck up onto a 2x4 and with a 4"+ drop my jack can fit under the skid plate with ease..

other than that, it doesnt seem to matter how low profile the jack is because the handle hits the valance or roll pan before you can jack it up..

·
Computer Geek
6,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i actually did a search last night for low profile floor jacks and was able to find one with a long reach and it is only 3 1/2 inches high. which from my calcuations will just pass under my frame. i want to double check on the weight of the jack cause i did see alot that were like 2 3/4 inches but weighed over 100lbs. thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Just have someone lift up on the fender and you can squeeze the jack in there,heh.

·
Computer Geek
6,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no that won't work either my jack i have is still to high and there isn't that much suspension travel. i still need this jack cause the one i found last night ended up being 98lbs. does anyone know where i can find the jack they use for nascar cause that is a low profile jack and is lighter than 98lbs.

·
Registered
354 Posts
The jacks from 1st gen blazers are pretty low pro

·
Computer Geek
6,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i need the jack to be no higher than 3 1/2 inches at the saddle. if the 1st gen's are as low as that then i'll go find one at a junk yard. but i'd really rather to have a jack

·
Registered
354 Posts
Well i can measure one that i have if u want

·
Computer Geek
6,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if you wouldn't mind that would be greatly appreciated. and a pic would be appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
354 Posts
I think he was sayin if you want to try and find a nascar jack look at sears or summit

·
Computer Geek
6,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah i actually did find a nascar jack on ebay. yeah yeah i know ebay ah but it is 1/5th of the price. i found a nascar jack for 585 but on ebay i found it for 140 shipped.

·
Computer Geek
6,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
that is what i have to do now and i don't want to do that anymore. i am probably going with the racing jack. thanks for all the help.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts