S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
They took our jorbs.
3,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got the frame for my fiberglass box built. Its nice and sturdy so i can now pull the fabric over it and start. I wont be getting to that part for the next few days because of exams. So i want to use the time inbetween to gather tips and tricks on doing the fiberglassing. I read the how to in the interior section, and i could build it based on that... but addtional info always helps.

·
Picture goes here \/
673 Posts
dont mix up more resin than you think you cna use.. IE, dont mix up too big of a batch and go too slow, or it will harden on you when youre trying to glass, and waste $$

If you mix the proper mixture you shoudl have ~15 -~20 mins of working time, so you can calm down and now splash it on all over the place. Be sure to have a lot of extra brushes..

·
Always Dreamin Big
2,300 Posts
Don't over do it with the resin. In the end product about 90-95% of the strength comes from the fabric itself, not the resin. Plus you increase weight dramatically with more and more resin. Use just enough to wet out each layer, and as stated above, work with small amounts (~8-12 oz) at a time or else it will harden and be a waste before you get to use it. If you use an epoxy resin you really don't want to do to thick, as it generates tons of heat while hardening. This heat can damage the fiberglass, and in a worst case senario even start a fire!

·
Always Dreamin Big
2,300 Posts
2.8 Chevette said:
The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Open the chris.pfharlock.com home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
Click the Back button to try another link.
Click Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP 404 - File not found
Internet Explorer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts