·
ERRATIC.. erraticclub.com
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Either.

How are your bags mounted? What style bags do you have? Where are your shocks mounted? How much of an angle do they have? What flavor of link setup do you have (forward or reverse)

Better yet, have any pics?

·
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i can try takin pics with my cam phone... i know they are gonna suck tho

its a universal tri 4 from fbi (year old) bags over axle, shocks right by the bags.. rs72 and they stay pretty straight from full lift to aired out

let me try takin pics with my phone..

·
Registered
300 Posts
With the bars in front ofthe axle it should be I^I and in the rear of the axle it should be IvI. The widest point of the triangulated wishbone is on the axle, keeps it from wondering fron side to side.

·
Doughboy
118 Posts
o2blazerxon20s said:
i can try takin pics with my cam phone... i know they are gonna suck tho

its a universal tri 4 from fbi (year old) bags over axle, shocks right by the bags.. rs72 and they stay pretty straight from full lift to aired out

let me try takin pics with my phone..
Do you have a track bar to keep your rear end in place ?

·
dubdS10
1,275 Posts
If he's got a tri 4-link he wont need a "track" bar/pan hard bar.

We need to see some pics to figure out the problem but I'm going to say the bad ride comes from the over axle setup. If you want that type of setup you should run sleeve bags.

Nate

·
Beer, Bait and Ammo
6,207 Posts
Audiodogg said:
If he's got a tri 4-link he wont need a "track" bar/pan hard bar.

word.......

kyle, put the bags on the bars fix the hiem shit junk that you broke and than make sure the links are the same size and everything is Square than you done......or

Blazer-B-Q?

·
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hey mike.. im stealin one from shawn.. WHATS THE OPPOSITE OF ABOVE ME?? BE-LOW ME!!!

it was fked up BEFORE i drug through the heims.. im lookin right now into bushings, and putting the bags on the lower bars.. the rear setup is all about to get yanked off and redone anyway.. so the top link bars wont be the wrong way... theres like 3 inches between them on the axle.. (differential bracket)

·
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
the front of the top bars are in front of the axle on the frame.. its backwards.. i guess you could call it a reverse tri 4.. but in front of the axle.. wow my friend who welded it is a genious!!

·
I'm poor
1,665 Posts
It is perfectly acceptable to have the upper bars closer together at the axle and wider at the frame. IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE.

Shitty ride is definately the over axle setup.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
o2blazerxon20s said:
the front of the top bars are in front of the axle on the frame.. its backwards.. i guess you could call it a reverse tri 4.. but in front of the axle.. wow my friend who welded it is a genious!!
As I said before, and as Motomullet above this post said, the triangulation of the bars makes no difference.

·
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
if it makes no difference.. can someone explain the swaying? IT HAS SHOCKS.. isnt this kinda the reason for shocks?????

·
bitch
7,884 Posts
you post these retarded threads once a week and people tell you the same thing. post a pic of your ****in setup because somethins not done right, if you dont post a pic we cant help you

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
LaynLo17 said:
you post these retarded threads once a week and people tell you the same thing. post a pic of your ****in setup because somethins not done right, if you dont post a pic we cant help you
+1

Dude, borrow a camera from someone if you have to. I'm sure a friend, parent, sibling, significant other or someone you know has a digital camera that takes pictures worth a damn, so we can see what hell is going on here.

And to answer your question, no shocks will not do anything about swaying side to side.

·
bitch
7,884 Posts
new blazers came with rear swaybrs so if you ditched that dont complain about the sway

·
Registered
300 Posts
As i said before, if you have a triangulated upper bar, the widest point with the two joints has to be on the axle, that keeps the axle in line and straight. If all the bars go straight forward then you have to have a panhard bar

1 - 20 of 32 Posts