S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys i got my 2k1 Blazer X back today from the shop. I dropped it!!! Not even in my wildest dreams did I think it would look this good! I used Belltech 3" drop coils in the front and Belltech 3" blocks in the rear. I like how it has a slight hunched forward look. I'll try and get her cleaned up and get some pics up shortly. Anyone else who has a Blazer X, drop it!!!!! You'll love it! Thanks for all the helppul info guys especially you Tony. You guys are the ****!

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
yah you had the wrong springs in it before right.

how much did the 3 inch drop belltech spring drop you compared to the stock front springs?

on the 2 i did 1.25-1.5 more came down.

oh yah i have spindles coming and cuttin the stock spring a little in front should be lower than it is now and ride better. in rear 3 inch leaf and 4 inch block should do the trick

tony

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, well I finally got a chance to measure it, college life sucks! The front is 27" and the rear is 28". I'm gonna take pictures this weekend and I'll try to have them postes by Monday. Now I just need rims and exhaust! There should be a grant for college students for car modifications! Anyway, tell me what you guys think when I get the pics posted.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
lets see the blazer x springs are a true 2.5 drop. me and slammed01blazer figured this out. with 3 inch a arms and the stock springs im at 25.5 in front. your at 27 inches and without the a arms i would be at 28.5 for stock. so those 3 inch drop springs are a 4 inch drop spring. im puttin on spindles hopefully this weekend and cutting 1/2 the first loop to bring it down to about 25 inches then in rear 3 inch leafs and 3 inch block for 26 and a notch

tony

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DAMN, 25 is low!! I'm not how much lower I want to go, I'll wait till after I get rims and go from there. Thanks for all the help though!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well guys I finally got pics up, sorry abotu the delay, it's been hectic. My truck is dirty so don't rag on me about that one but let me know what you think or if you have any suggestions. I'm going to paint the Blazer Xtreme on the fornt license plate cover soon. Any suggestions on what kind of paint to use?? Thanks again for everyones help!

Click the url to go to my page, pics under my photo album
http://lowandblazed.tripod.com/lowanblazed/

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I really don't know, I haven't gotten under her to check, my guess is I'm real close, speed bumps are pretty rough. How does yours ride now that's it at's 25?!?! That is soooo damn low!

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
its at 25.50 - 25 3/4

rides so good in front. i have to cut the bumptsops down though because im riding on them as of right now. in rear i need to get it notched because its sitting on the bumpstops. rides ok in back but needs go ride smooother. im going to notch it and get 3 inch leafs and 3 inch blocks that should bring it down about another inch

here is a pic of the front right now. you can see its resting on the stop but rides really really good. i dont think you can go much lower in front and still have a good ride quiality

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a hard time believing you 'ride good' on the bumpstops.... I have rode on them on a few of my projects and about 5 miles of it was 4 3/4 too much.... had to take care of them right away.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
the blazer comes with different bumpstops they are really squishy. my zq8 s10 isnt even like this. i was riding on bumpstops with the lower a arms i had on it from djm and it rode so hard. the stops were sold these are a lot soggier. and it does ride a lot better even on the bumpstops. umm do you have a blazer x, and have you even seen the bumpstops in person?

·
Registered
8 Posts
no, my blazer is not an x, but the rears are the same. have only seen the fronts in the picture you posted. I am just going by my experience with everything from my first 68 impala i lowered when in high school in 1975, then my 72 blazer 2wd, then my 87 chevy full size pickup, then my 90 s10 2wd blazer, and now my 95 s10 blazer, plus a hundred or so full size chevy pickups I did at a shop in Iowa I worked at. Back in the early years there was no such thing as buying drop spindles or springs, so it was alot of trial and error, and alot of trips to the salvage yard. So I have been on the bumps alot and they always rode like 'crap'.....hard, bumpy and at times scary.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts