• Suitable for grandma

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this truck about 2 years ago after I sold my 98 ranger. I wanted a proper compact Chevy truck platform to kick around and eventually swap in a late model v8 and 6 speed conversion. Mechanically it is in great shape so I wanted to give it some love. I tossed around the idea of blacking out the grill and lights but after some photoshops I decided to change my plan up. I like to think I cleaned it up a bit. My wife once told me after I bought it that she doesnt know what I see in it but Ive got a vision, its coming together, and Im having fun.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Looks a lot like my 94s10. Except mine is not nearly as clean. My son-in-law busted the grill and put a dent in the hood a few years back, so I pulled a grill from the junk yard that is flat black. I especially like the headlights in yours.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I need to tackle the interior next. Ive got some new to me seats and a center console out of a 01 to go in it. I might start on the headliner next. Its got some cracks in the dash but that can wait a while. I had some friends with S10's back in high school and have always liked the look of these trucks.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Looks good enough to save from the scrap pile . Seems to be a nice project to dive into . Good luck on your final decision.

·
It WAS a Blazer
96 manual transfer case 4x4 5 speed 2dr Chevy Blazer, 02 push button 4x4 Automatic 2dr Chevy Blazer
622 Posts
I like that De-Chromed, Body color matched look on the pre 98s...
Especially when the headlights buckets are properly blacked out.

I have the blacked out version of those lights on my 96 and plan on finally installing the clear headlight covers. Just need to get around to wiring up the LED DRL, high & Low beam circuits to work & ADD flash-to-pass somehow.

I may retrofit a pre 98 grill on my 02 because the factory lighting sucks.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, they surprisingly have decent light output. Ive tried 9006 led bulb swapping in a sealed housing my other car. Its a pretty decent upgrade for the cost but has some glare (around here its normal. I do like the 98+ front ends a lot too. That was my original plan but this 94 came along for the right price As a mechanic I almost felt bad for the guy. It had some transmission leaks, glued on mirrors, rusted out exhaust hanger, bad fan clutch, leaking radiator, bad AC pressure switch and cosmetic issues. Now that I think about it that was a lot to pay someone to fix... But I took care of all that. Its been super easy to work on so far. Had it out to a track day 2 hours away blasting the AC down to Virginia and it did great. I actually love the long bed. I know its not as desirable but Its bigger than my brother in laws silverado bed. He had to leave the tailgate down. I also want to lower it to a functional level.

·
Premium Member
1,682 Posts
Man,I saw the user name and thought... Is this the same Youtube CamaroRick?? Been following you for a while. I saw the taillights and got disappointed. I'm just not a euro style guy. This is the same truck you are putting an LSA on correct?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Man,I saw the user name and thought... Is this the same Youtube CamaroRick?? Been following you for a while. I saw the taillights and got disappointed. I'm just not a euro style guy. This is the same truck you are putting an LSA on correct?
Thanks man I appreciate it! Thats awesome I didnt know you were on here. Your an ASEP grad too I believe. Yup thats the same truck. The plan is still on and some extras. And the tails lol I hear you on that. They are getting some red vht. Im definitely gonna check out your build

·
Premium Member
1,682 Posts
Thanks man I appreciate it! Thats awesome I didnt know you were on here. Your an ASEP grad too I believe. Yup thats the same truck. The plan is still on and some extras. And the tails lol I hear you on that. They are getting some red vht. Im definitely gonna check out your build
Yes sir , I am an ASEP graduate! Thanks for remembering!! Never regret that at all. After 9.5 years our dealer shutdown . Best learning experience of my life. Please check my build out. It is all over the place right now. Life, money, and time gets in the way. Thanks for putting out great content!!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts