S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Pull my finger.
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't know which forum this belongs exactly, but I'm sure someone here knows about this.

Anyway, I have been doing some work with fiberglass at work lately. The parts hare already cured by the time I get to them, I just cut and trim them to fit the aircraft. After doing this, I get really itchy. I want to know if anyone knows how to stop the itch. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
**** New Jersey
8,325 Posts
wear sleeves, or get used to it.

·
Our Milk Comes In Bags
746 Posts
oo fiber glass slivers, those things are shitty, try taking some packing tape and putting it over your skin, and maybe it'll pull some of them out?

·
688 Posts
yes definalty cold showers .. hot ones make it worse and last longer.. cold ones keep ure pores shut and washes away the glass better

·
Works too much.
1,368 Posts
I hope like hell you're wearing a respirator while doing that.

·
forever unfinished
2,819 Posts
i use to do blown fiberglass in the summer and the best thing i have found is take a really hot shower for about 5 mins then switch over to cold and finish it out..works like a champ

and to 97 slownoma i don't care what you do, if your really doing work it will get on your skin even just at clean up or just rub against it will make it itch

·
real names Chris
819 Posts
if none of that works, in all seriousness rub your arms with sandpaper, whenever i get metal splinters at work it takes them right out

·
Registered
589 Posts
maybe he's doin glass for the first time:dunno:, i know the first time i worked with it i itched like hell for the 1st few days then got used to it. some peoples skin are more sensitive to stuff than others.

im just sayin.i knew fiberglass made you itchy when i was a kid.ive always figured it was common knowledge....

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
if none of that works, in all seriousness rub your arms with sandpaper, whenever i get metal splinters at work it takes them right out
honestly comparing metal splinters to fiberglass is like comparing taking a shit and pissing. yes its in the same area but 2 different things going on. cold shower and some cream to stop the itching

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts
i use to do blown fiberglass in the summer and the best thing i have found is take a really hot shower for about 5 mins then switch over to cold and finish it out..works like a champ
yup......but if you scratched it then you will pretty much be screwed.....
wear long sleaves and a bandana.....you don't wanna be wiping your sweaty forehead....

nowadays the only place that bothers me is down low between the fingers....that'll drive me nuts

·
s-series #2?
2004 Blazer ZR2 w/ nv3500, 5.3 LM4 swap
24,783 Posts
ive heard rubbing soap on your exposed skin before helps, but it hasnt worked for me yet. although all i had was dish soap

1 - 20 of 22 Posts