S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
NO REGRETS
12,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2002 blazer.

it ran when i parked it a couple weeks ago. all i've done is use a different alternator mount, and a different intake. i moved my throttle body, and had to extend some wires(4 plugs). i extended....
the 2 plugs on the throttle body(throttle position sensor and idle air control i think), MAF wires, and what i think is the air intake temp sensor.

it will turn over, but wont stay running. i can start it, and play with the gas pedal to keep it running........but as soon as i back off, it dies. also, while its doing this, the only gauges that i can tell are working is the oil pressure and gas gauges.

i know for a fact that the tach and alt gauges aren't working.

i've looked, but nothing stands out at me. anyone have any clues?

i'm gonna run the codes tommorrow and see what comes up

·
NO REGRETS
12,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i also changed the waterpump, but i dont see that having anything to do with it

·
Sometimes I'm mean...alot
1,348 Posts
Really bad vacuum leak?? Check over the wires and connections...

·
NO REGRETS
12,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
there are no vacuum lines on the truck anymore. it hasn't had any since its been bodied. i double and triple checked all the wiring, but can't find the problem. im goin to the junkyard to snatch all new sensors to rule them out one by one.

i still need to check the codes too

·
Registered
8,782 Posts
How about the IAC? I would check over your wiring VERY VERY VERY closeley, make SHURE you got all your splices good and didnt cross any wires.

·
NO REGRETS
12,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i went to the junkyard and got 2 tps sensors and 3 iac sensors. tried them all seperatly, and no change. i finally got my scanner yesterday, cleared all the codes, tried it again.......same thing.

i started thinking my intake had something to do with it. i took it apart, and was gonna mount the tb like normal and try it. when i took the tb off the intake, i saw the problem. somehow, i mounted the gasket on wrong, which was blocking the iac from doing anything :doh:

flipped it around, and it started right up. lol

·
Registered
8,782 Posts
NICE!!!!! Oh well, good find..... :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts