S-10 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 111 Posts

·
Old Fart
4,175 Posts
🤪 If there's one thing I've learned thru this whole process....you can make ac hoses go anyplace you want. 4.3 hoses lay on the upper shroud without an issue.
Other than it looks like s**t, I prefer a clean look when you are spending big $ on a custom build. When I see something that could have been done cleaner it reminds me of the farm kid that lived close to me in high school that had a beautiful 40 Ford 327 4 speed with the radiator tied in with baling wire. :eek::ROFLMAO:

·
Old Fart
4,175 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
When we ordered the S10 LS swap brackets from ICT these are what they sent us.
Interesting, I thought they were the ones that had the kit with them mounted the other way. Don’t look bad, just different. There’s a blazer I just saw on here with both on the passenger side up high, same style intake

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Since my project looks like **** and reminds you of the farmer kid with the 40 Ford why would you be asking me for more pictures?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Interesting, I thought they were the ones that had the kit with them mounted the other way. Don’t look bad, just different. There’s a blazer I just saw on here with both on the passenger side up high, same style intake
The guy at the shop doing this swap with me also had some concerns about the location of the belt tensioner and preferred the location with the ICT mounts.

·
Old Fart
4,175 Posts
Since my project looks like shit and reminds you of the farmer kid with the 40 Ford why would you be asking me for more pictures?
I wasn't referring to yours, I was answering Rick's comment about the stock routing of the AC hoses across the fan shroud which leave marks on the shroud from rubbing back and forth. I know you were saving money by using stock brackets is why your AC compressor is on the driver's side and you did a clean job of routing the hoses for being on the far side. Don't be butt hurt, I wasn't talking about your truck. ;)

·
B4U Task Force Admin
27,136 Posts
With the bracing on the underside of the hood, you won't have anymore room than a stock hood. For what you're going to spend on a cowl hood, paint, mods to make it work, it would be cheaper to recess a new radiator and clean up the engine compartment.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
I really do appreciate the majority of the feed back I have been getting and I am willing to help any and all forum members by answering questions and providing photos. However, and I don't want to come across as an ***, but I have no intention of doing anything with the radiator and air cleaner. They are working just fine and if I feel the need to squeeze the maximum amount of horse power from the motor I will add a cowl induction hood to provide a source for air. This is the first time my friends and I have stuffed an LS motor in an S10 and we have learned a lot as we went along through this project, and are pretty proud of the end result! We researched the cold air intake manufacturers hp claims and the numbers go from 5hp to 20hp. Unbiased testing seems to show an average of 9hp to 10hp, which is a number I can live with.:cool:

·
Been there Done it
10,106 Posts
Got a pic of it on the ground with the ZR2 rear end. Curious how far it sticks out and with the Vette wheels, if it clears at the top of the wheel opening. I've got an extra ZR2 rear and might use it, but was under the impression I had to narrow it. I do also have 56mm offset C5 17" wheels for it.

Reactions: goes2fast

·
Been there Done it
10,106 Posts
Thanks. I'd appreciate that.

61 - 80 of 111 Posts