S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After several starts and stops and numerous bumps in the road my build has finally begun! This is what I started with!

·
B4U Task Force Admin
27,098 Posts
You do know that you can add multiple pics in the same post...

·
Registered
98 2.2 Extended cab, 2001 V6 Extended cab Sport Suspension, 2001 V6 Extended Cab 4x4
598 Posts
Well a little about what’s going on is good too. Which engine is this? All aluminum says LS1 so something not out of a truck, but which one?

·
B4U Task Force Admin
27,098 Posts
Well a little about what’s going on is good too. Which engine is this? All aluminum says LS1 so something not out of a truck, but which one?
Mine is all aluminum L33...from a Silverado.

·
Registered
98 2.2 Extended cab, 2001 V6 Extended cab Sport Suspension, 2001 V6 Extended Cab 4x4
598 Posts
Mine is all aluminum L33...from a Silverado.
Huh... thought the only aluminum 5.3L engines were the FWD versions... learning new stuff all the time!

now I’m curious to what my engine is... the block is painted black but I remember the galley being silver now that I think about it.

·
Been there Done it
10,084 Posts
The 241 heads were only on LS1's but the truck waterpump isn't off an LS1?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Huh... thought the only aluminum 5.3L engines were the FWD versions... learning new stuff all the time!

now I’m curious to what my engine is... the block is painted black but I remember the galley being silver now that I think about it.
The L33 is a HO 5.3... it's an LS6 with fewer cubes...they also made an LM4 alum. 5.3 not an HO but a good base for building if you want to cut weight off the front end.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The motor is an LS1 out of an 04 GTO. Because the car and all the engine accessories/brackets were designed by Holden it was easier to replace them with truck parts.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts