S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've been having this issue where if I try to roll my windows up while the truck is moving at any appreciable speed, the window pulls to the outside of the truck and the window ends up just sitting on the outside of the lip. The only workaround is to roll the windows up while the truck is sitting still. The only window issues I'm able to find is specific to the first gen pickups, but I can't find any of the parts they mentioned for the second gen trucks. Has anybody else ran into this issue before?

·
94 4x4,01 Blazer
2001 Blazer 4dr 4wd LT
1,290 Posts
your track in the door is out of place- remove inner skin/panal and with a little trial and effort you should be able to straighten things out.

·
Been there Done it
9,567 Posts
Just put one of these stickers on the dash and you won't have that problem any more.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Hi all, I've been having this issue where if I try to roll my windows up while the truck is moving at any appreciable speed, the window pulls to the outside of the truck and the window ends up just sitting on the outside of the lip. The only workaround is to roll the windows up while the truck is sitting still. The only window issues I'm able to find is specific to the first gen pickups, but I can't find any of the parts they mentioned for the second gen trucks. Has anybody else ran into this issue before?
In my 02 ZR2, if I roll the driver side up first, it goes fine. Then I can close the passenger window. If I try to close the passenger side first and then the drivers side. I get what you are getting. I don't know if you're experiencing it with both windows or not.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love the sticker idea.
I have the issue with both sides. I notice it pulls out enough that even the top parts of the mirrors are pushing outward too.
I’ve got some time off coming up and I’ll pull the door skin off and do some investigating. I’ll keep y’all posted on what I find out.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My 03 s-10 used to do the same thing, then after I installed a new power window motor it was magically fixed.

A few years later the drivers side window got broke.Had the window replaced and now it will not shut at speed again. Annoying. 35mph seems to be the magic speed where the window will roll up and seat. Faster then that and it wants to stay open.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I also have a '03, but with manual windows. It's had the same problem with the passenger side only while at highway speeds and it's been going on since new. If I open either the driver or rear sliding window, I can close it fine. Mostly I have dismissed it as an anomaly that I can work around. I know that doesn't help you really, but you're definitely not the only one to have this problem.

I don't know if it's related, but I also had a problem with the lower outside window seals pulling up and out when rolling my window up. This happened with both sides and would cause more wind noise. I eventually glued them into their slots since they no longer were being held in place (probably not the best idea). It didn't really help my other problem though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had some time to take the door apart. Unfortunately there is nothing that seems out of the ordinary. The track that's in the actual door is bolted in pretty heavily and there's no way that it could have been tweaked. I suspect that the issue is the actual molding above the door (about in line where the top bolt of the mirror is). When the window is almost closed, any force to the outside of the vehicle places the most force on this area. The bottom of the window, nor the rear of the window deflect much with this force. This area is pretty much just rubber with no backing. It's possible that this weather stripping is just worn out and I supposed I could try to replace it but it seems like a pretty big job. I tried thinking of ways that I could add some metal to either the door or the other side of the mirror bracket to try to provide more support to that area, but I can't think of anything that wouldn't look out of place or not compromise the seal here. I might try to fab up a piece of channel that could fit in behind the weather stripping, but I'm not optimistic that would work. Any other ideas or totally welcome.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts