S-10 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i just replaced my first valve because my other one went bad. (note i bought the truck bagged already.).

I replaced one of my 3/8 valves for the front(right front to be exact my front valves are all 3/8). i replaced it with a brand new 3/8 SMC Valve that i bought from THECUSTOMCONNECTION.COM The issue is that after installed it i hit the switch for the whole front to go down and the new valve stays OPEN causing the whole front right to go down all the way it even does it when i hit the single right front. Did i install it right? Backwords maybe? please let me know.

When i received the new valve today i noticed that it was way smaller than my other 3/8 valves that i have, NOTE, i do not know what are the other BRANd of valves that i have. Yes they are 3/8 for sure and the truck was bagged like 5 years ago.

Here are some pics sorry they are kinda blurry i just took them right now.

1st & 2nd pics are of my new valve next to my other valve.
3rd pic is my 2 3/8 unkown valves. Sorry if i dont make sense but all the other remaining 7 valves are the same except the new SMC.

http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af109/nazzy408/CIMG1106.jpg

http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af109/nazzy408/CIMG1107.jpg

http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af109/nazzy408/CIMG1108.jpg

·
I do renders!
7,674 Posts
then you should know if the valve is backwards or not...there should be arrows on the valve.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
There's quite a few people who have the sticky valves problem with SMCs, mainly just the 3/8s I'm pretty sure. I had the same problem with 2 sometimes even 3 of my valves... all SMC 3/8, which is why I'm switching to Danz valves this winter

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
try this,

Find a 3/8" plug like you would find at lowes, and drill a small hole in it, or tread it in so it leaks allot. Then try to dump, if the valve closes fine, you need more back pressure on the valve for it to close. If it still sticks, you have a problem with the valve that may go away with use. But that is the hard part for you can not use it like that lol

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
its early in the morning and i just got up and filled my tank partially and started hitting the switches....surprisingly the valve did not stay open.. wierd.:(

·
Pneumatic Fanatic
489 Posts
sometimes a valve just needs to be "worked" like you did and it seats itself. You prob wont have anymore problems with it but it is a good idea to run about a foot or so of airline out from the dump valve

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
Agreed, put a 90° on there, just about anything to produce backpressure. your current valves could be GCs..

·
really slow
389 Posts
i had the exact same problem, i just went to lowes (ik hardware store fittings blah, blah, blah) and got some 90s and hand threaded them in there. solved the problem right away!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts