S-10 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, nice to meet you all. I'm going through some tough times right now, my spider took a **** on Christmas eve and I was barely able to limp it back home. Turned out the spider started leaking fuel everywhere. Little did I know I would then end up putting THREE brand new spiders in under warranty to watch them all leak gas straight out of the box. The fourth one going in tomorrow, I can only hope this one will work for a bit so I can drive my truck again. These unfortunate events have really pushed me to get the marine intake manifold and delete the spider entirely. I'm looking for somewhere I can get this for a decent price, thanks for any input.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Quit replacing junk with junk, upgrade the spider to one with real injectors. Under $200, sleazebay. I've used 3 different ones and have had zero issues with any of 'em.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Quit replacing junk with junk,
actually going to the marine intake is far superior than any other type of system. the marine intake uses 6 actual real injectors like a normal efi set up. There is wiring and a few modifications to make, its not a simple bolt on and go job. But, i would replace the spider with the 'updated' version and there shouldnt be any issues after that.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I don't want to link directly to anybody on ebay, just do a search for "upgraded spider injector assembly 4.3L" and plenty will come up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ahh thanks guys. I forgot to mention that these are BWD units, the exact same unit as the SMP units. Lordco is selling them for $980 a pop, from what I can find these are the best units available being that the genuine units are discontinued now. They seem to be working well in all the reviews I see from them, I'm just so fed up with this replacing the spider just to watch it leak gas out of a different place than last time. I got it towed to my shop after I watched the last one I put in leak gas everywhere again, this morning they are putting in another brand new one so I will update with how that goes. Here are the videos of these units leaking here and here. bk2life, I know it is not a simple straight swap, but being that it uses the normal style injectors it should be much more reliable for me and also easier to work on if need be, not to mention opens the possibility of making turbo sounds in the future if I want! I have looked into it a bit and believe I have a decent plan with all the parts I should need, I'm just a bit confused about there being no intake to water pump bypass tube on the marine intake. I also haven't mentioned that at the start of this saga I dropped one of the small non-magnetic fuel line nuts down an intake port while I was bolting it back up with the plenum off, so I just had to take the whole manifold off and got it out. But I have the practice now to easily do this swap when it's time LOL.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ahh thanks guys. I forgot to mention that these are BWD units, the exact same unit as the SMP units. Lordco is selling them for $980 a pop, from what I can find these are the best units available being that the genuine units are discontinued now. They seem to be working well in all the reviews I see from them, I'm just so fed up with this replacing the spider just to watch it leak gas out of a different place than last time. I got it towed to my shop after I watched the last one I put in leak gas everywhere again, this morning they are putting in another brand new one so I will update with how that goes. Here are the videos of these units leaking here and here. bk2life, I know it is not a simple straight swap, but being that it uses the normal style injectors it should be much more reliable for me and also easier to work on if need be, not to mention opens the possibility of making turbo sounds in the future if I want! I have looked into it a bit and believe I have a decent plan with all the parts I should need, I'm just a bit confused about there being no intake to water pump bypass tube on the marine intake. I also haven't mentioned that at the start of this saga I dropped one of the small non-magnetic fuel line nuts down an intake port while I was bolting it back up with the plenum off, so I just had to take the whole manifold off and got it out. But I have the practice now to easily do this swap when it's time LOL.
I have this for sale
Wood Automotive tire Font Auto part Circle

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, guys. Very unfortunate here. The shop put a new spider in and put it back together, was still running rough. Did a compression test to find nobody home on cylinder six. I really do like this truck, I have put a lot of work into it I have a whole build thread of building it on the blazerforum here. I'm going to try my best to keep this thing... It will drive again!

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Check the valve springs on #6

1 - 10 of 10 Posts