1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
2nd place is the1st loser
238 Posts
Yup it will work.

·
Road Race/Auto X S10
3,828 Posts
Those look like the flex-a-lite 220 I'm using. Its works great!

·
Registered
63 Posts
So they run on electricity and free up some HP? How much and can you realy feel a difference?

·
Chrome is Gay
3,693 Posts
Green Machine 4x4 said:
So they run on electricity and free up some HP? How much and can you realy feel a difference?

Those are the non-electric electric fans. J/p, they should free up somewhere around 5 ponies I'd guess after you take off the stock fan (prop). Plus you'll get rid of that horrible whirring noise :thumbup:

·
Registered
88 Posts
woohoo now im sold aon a e-fan project for next summer, after hearing about getting rid of that annoying roaring noise. sounds like im revving the piss out of the thing when im going like 5 miles an hour out the drive way

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you guys know how to take off the stock fan?...I just put in my pulleys today and couldn't figure out how to take out the fan...Please let me know cause i'm planning to install the e-fan soon.

·
Chrome is Gay
3,693 Posts
I've never looked at them on our trucks but it should just be 5 bolts attaching it. Just take them off and pop off the old shroud (sp)

·
Kramerica Industries
342 Posts
The 1nd gen fans would come out with just the 5 bolts, but 2nd gen fans have threaded shafts. You can rent a tool at autozone to remove, or do it with vice grips and a hammer...just do a search, you'll find more info.

·
2nd place is the1st loser
238 Posts
I just use taurus e-fans.... 35 bux at almost any wrecking yard...
For the money this setup is great.It has more than enough cooling ability.And it almost overs the radiator completely.All you have to do is your own wiring and your set to go.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts