S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Got Stones????
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been contemplating on a rear end setup and this is what i thought of......for the rear i was gonna use jasons bolt on 3 link kit....he is in the process of making bolt on s-10 step notches...just wandering if it is possible to fab up a bolt on upper bag bar that bolts onto each notch kinda like the ART roadgartor kit does...on the bar would be some upper bag plates and also some upper shock tabs allready welded on....for the lower bag mounts and lower shock mounts jason just made some lower bag brackets with the lower shock stud allready attached....if this kit was possible the only welding would be the lower bag bracket on the axle and the lower link bars to the axle...seems like this kit would be strong......just didnt know if that upper bag bar was possible????

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
Why not just get his complete kit? He may be able to make you some kinda bolt-in bag bar or something... just ask him. That'd be a hella lotta bolts tho, for the notches, bag bar, and all that....

I thought you had a Blazer??

·
Got Stones????
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
naw its a 99 reg cab dime.....i figure the nothches would have 10 bolts each and the bar would have 4 on each side.....so 28 bolts total....damn!!!! i have a 9 amp millwauki drill and some good 1/2 bits so im good to go there.....i emailed jason about this idea and see what he has to say later on when he responds

·
Registered
44 Posts
he's making bolt-on step notches for the 5link?? that was the only thing stopping me from getting that kit. :rock: :clap:

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
Ya you wont get a reponse to that email.

ditto, yep.. there's spiffy. he's got a thread on em.

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Expect more than 10 bolts for the notch, the roadgrater has 26 on each side.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts