S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran across a 2001 Blazer Xtreme I am thinking about buying for the parts to put on an S10. But I am curios if it is a real one and how much it matter with a Blazer since they already have most of the suspension pieces I think. Here is a photo of the codes from the glove box.

Any way it is supposed to have a blown motor but I am thinking about getting it just for the parts. Probably will go on a 95-99 S10 when I find a low miles one to replace mine. The Blazer has all of extreme trim except the front airdam and some one also put a fiberglass cowl hood on it and 18 wheels (Wheels are not great looking but are in decent shape.). I figure I can use the front sway bar, rear sway bar. Rear disk brakes if needed. Bucket seats, center console, overhead console. Maybe the springs and steering? Any way they want $500 for it and it should have enough parts I can use on an S10 to make it worth while to get I think. What do you guys think? Are there other parts I should get off of it?

·
B4U Task Force Admin
23,830 Posts
Blazers....any of them didn't come with the ZQ8 suspension pieces. Any Xtreme pieces behind the doors won't fit. Basically you'll be getting the interior pieces...and the wheels. Why not put an engine in it and keep it or makes a few bucks on it?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Blazers....any of them didn't come with the ZQ8 suspension pieces. Any Xtreme pieces behind the doors won't fit. Basically you'll be getting the interior pieces...and the wheels. Why not put an engine in it and keep it or makes a few bucks on it?
I thought the front sway bar on a Blazer was the same as the Xtreme sway bar on the S10. And the rear sway bar/linkage on the blazer was the same was on an S10 extreme. And that you could use the rear disk brakes if I end up with one old enough to need that upgrade.

I would fix it but its not really that nice. If I get it I would remove the parts I want to keep and sell the rest. Mainly I was thinking I could use the swaybars, rearbrakes, bucket seats, center console, overhead console, maybe the cowl hood and other odds and ends. And sell the other parts to get my money back.

·
time to get cereal
3,034 Posts
The rear sway bar is the same for a 4 door Blazer and a pickup, not the 2 door. Gas tank is in the way. End link mounts have to come off of a ZQ8 pickup or be fabricated.

·
Early Member
3,116 Posts
Low mileage S10!? You might be waiting until H3LL freezes over.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts