S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I can get this stuff for cheap so let me know if it will be good.

Ok (1) 15" MTX RFL
Click here
And (2) of these 1,500 Watt amps.
Click here

I can get all of this for $1,100 New
Is that a good system?

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
holy shit! 56 lbs!!!!!!!! damn!!!! :jawdrop: i like it! what are you gonna do about a box though?

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I need to work on the box because the sub is 10" deep and the Xmax is about 4.5" so I need about 15" from back of truck to back of seat!! it will be close.

·
FI Car Audio FTW!!!
1,615 Posts
SMNW2003 said:
should sound pretty good in a ported box :D
Are you sure you know what you're talking about when you make a post like this?

MTX Audio's PDF with parameters

The qts is VERY high. The VAS is rediculously small. The fs is so high that, iunno... Everyone and their grandmothers know that this subwoofer is for a one-note wonder spl box. Supposedly there was a sq recone in the works but I never heard of it seeing the light of day.

djdaudio, that would be a decent system for SPL. For daily driving, I would look into a different subwoofer...

Tempe

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks you are right , and yes I would only use it for show, comp. because I have lost most of my hearing so I normaly don't listen to my subs daily I am shure when I fine just the right freq. it will blow away everyone in the bay :D

·
FI Car Audio FTW!!!
1,615 Posts
In that case, you would be fine. I'm not very familiar w/ those subs, but usually you can put a lot more than the rms power rating if you're just gonna be doing burps. Also, your note will probably be kinda high. Although it will read much higher on the mic, loud higher frequencies are not as impressive to people as loud low bass. Keep in mind that these subs will NOT play anything low.

Maybe you could look into something else, such as a RE XXX, Adire Brahma, Kicker Solo X, DD 9917, or Shocker Extreme...

Tempe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts