S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
GAS BREAK PiMPiN
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an estimate for my 98 blazer to put a Flowmaster Series 40 for $250.00. is that a good deal or what?

·
ZQ8 2001
901 Posts
whats all that include? are you running a pipe out the back? dual exit? does that price include the muffler?

if you get the muffler from summit ($65), you can have them weld it up and a turndown for another $35 or so. but if you're having pipes done up, id say $125-150 + muffler sounds about right. find out how much they're charging for that flowmaster first.

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
yeah....i had the local shop do mine for $180...that included the muffler and all the work.....i have two chrome tips out the corners too....see if ya can get em down on that price....i guess it depends on where your from tho too.....get the price they are charging for that muffler and def compare it to the price you can get it online for....late

·
BLAZIN SADDLE
1,394 Posts
dippedBLAZER said:
I got an estimate for my 98 blazer to put a Flowmaster Series 40 for $250.00. is that a good deal or what?
If your getting a FLOWMASTER 40 DUAL outlet with duals out the back and TWO 3" stainless steel tips thats a good deal for $250 out the door in Cali. The DUAL 40 F/M is more then the single. :thumbup:

3-Billet Bowtie
4-255/45/18 Pirelli Zero's on HALO rims
5-Boston Acoustics speakers in doors/dash
6-Pioneer 6x9's in the back seat area
7-K&N GEN II
8-FlowMaster 40series with 2 1/4 pipe Magnaflow SS tip
9-2/3 DROP with Belltech Spindles and Blocks
10-Poweraid Spacer
11-Removed MAF Screen
12-JL amp and one 10” JL subwoofer
13-SS mirrors WHITE, matching handles
14-Shaved Emblems
15- HPPIII

And a list one mile long

·
32,797 Posts
Re: Re: is this a good deal for exhaust??

Photo said:
If your getting a FLOWMASTER 40 DUAL outlet with duals out the back and TWO 3" stainless steel tips thats a good deal for $250 out the door in Cali. The DUAL 40 F/M is more then the single. :thumbup:

Thats still a $100 too much. Most exhuast shops here do a Flowmaster with duals for $150. and that is with the stainless steel piping. I did one on my old truck for $125.

·
ZQ8 2001
901 Posts
dual outlet flowmaster is only $65 from summit. they're all basically the same price... then the custom piping should only be 50-60 per pipe.

·
BLAZIN SADDLE
1,394 Posts
Re: Re: Re: is this a good deal for exhaust??

96blazer said:

Thats still a $100 too much. Most exhuast shops here do a Flowmaster with duals for $150. and that is with the stainless steel piping. I did one on my old truck for $125.
OK, southern Cali. is always cheaper than the north we go there always to get rims,paint you name it, it's cheaper. This is the break down at a muffler shop in the NORTH, 40 FLOWMASTER ($65). 2- polished Stainless steel 3" tips $25 each (thats duals remember). one 2 1/4" pipe to one side $25. Labor for welds brackets/clamps ect. $150 to 175. This QUOTE is from a cheaper SHOP. You do the MATH, $250 is a good price in the NORTH. L.A. area is bigger with more SHOPS so the competition is better and that drives the prices down. Flowmaster, Inc. is housed in a 100,000 square foot facility in Santa Rosa, California, employing 300+. In the NORTH if it does not have a F/M it's STOCK, lol. Some shops are getting $85 for a 40 dual outlet FLOWMASTER muffer. Duals for $150 with a muffler and SS tips that maybe in the south. :nono:

3-Billet Bowtie
7-K&N GEN II
10-Poweraid Spacer
11-Removed MAF Screen
14-Shaved Emblems
15- HPPIII

And a list one mile long

·
BLAZIN SADDLE
1,394 Posts
DoubleDown said:
dual outlet flowmaster is only $65 from summit. they're all basically the same price... then the custom piping should only be 50-60 per pipe.
Also this is the price list from SUMMIT on the FLOWMASTERS plus shipping. I HOPE THIS HELPS!!!!! :angel:

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
That price sounds good. A local exhaust shop (not midas or one of those hacks) did a flow 40 and dual out on my Full Size for $260.

$150 for stainless?!?! Riiigghhhttttt

·
32,797 Posts
$150 for stainless is correct. I paid even less.

I'm looking thruogh the paper right now at all the ads for the shops here. Sorry if you paid more, but thats how much it cost here.

If you shop around you'll find cheaper prices. Some shops charge different prices to different people also.

But like Photo said, in in S. CA. Prices are low here. Especially when I hear what some of you guys in other areas paid for other things:uhoh:

·
BLAZIN SADDLE
1,394 Posts
Guys check this out I'v been wanting to do this for awhlie and with all the talk I said HELL lets go do it. TODAY I went to the same shop that added my FLOWMASTER 40 and STAINLESS STEEL tip. I want to replace my stock 2 1/4" pipe from the muffler to the tip with 2 1/2". I need 4ft of piping bent and welded up just like the stock one. The guy (owner of the shop) said it will cost $100 on my BLAZER. only in the NORTH!!!!! :barf:

3-Billet Bowtie
7-K&N GEN II
10-Poweraid Spacer
11-Removed MAF Screen
14-Shaved Emblems
15- HPPIII

And a list one mile long

·
ZQ8 2001
901 Posts
Photo said:
Also this is the price list from SUMMIT on the FLOWMASTERS plus shipping. I HOPE THIS HELPS!!!!! :angel:
wow, looks like summit has raised their prices since i ordered from them last year :-\

·
32,797 Posts
Gmc&C10 said:

Dayum, that's unreal! Are they custom bent pipes are pre-made?

I'm jealous :cuss:
Custom bent. They have pre-bent ones hanging on the wall, but everyone has their custom bent. They use that machine. It's not really that hard to do.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts