one of a kind
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to check codes on a 03 s10 2.2 without the scanner

·
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004
9,221 Posts
Is there a way to check codes on a 03 s10 2.2 without the scanner
Yes,go to autozone and have them do it!then they'll try to sell you some sensors and crap.list your codes or look for the answer on previous threads.most these folks know S10s better than the dealership!but no way without a scanner of some kind.

·
one of a kind
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I cant take my truck to them and they wont let me borrow it, some vehicles you can check it without one. I dont have a manual and I cant find anything through google.

·
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004
9,221 Posts
I cant take my truck to them and they wont let me borrow it, some vehicles you can check it without one. I dont have a manual and I cant find anything through google.
The only S10s I know of that you can get codes from w/o a scanner are the preOBD II trucks 95 and back.by jumping the A&B terminals on the diag connector and counting the flashes of the check engine light.It won't work on a 96 and up.it says Alabama on your info.you live near Mobile?I'll let you borrow mine.

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
you can buy a scanner for 39.95 actron brand it's good to keep with you especially if emissions test in your state

·
one of a kind
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Na no emissions here, I have had a check engine light for some time, but it was always just a o2 sensor, but since my truck wont crank, due to something got wet, Im hoping it will tell me if another sensor is bad, like the cam sensor. Sensors are kinda expensive and I just dont want to go replacing things and not fix the problem. I can justify spending the money on a scanner if I did more truck stuff and what not, but this will be just a one time deal. And yea Blazer, Im north of huntsville, let me know what your terms and conditions are, id greatly appreciate it.

·
Rarely goes over 20mph
3,163 Posts
you can buy the obd2 scanner at walmart.. i paid like $90 for mine, its handheld, plugs right in, and tells you what the code/problem is..

it didnt work on my friends obd2 s10.. or a mitsubishi eclipse.. but it works on mine and my dads s10.. 03 and 99

·
one of a kind
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thats 90 bucks id rather not spend for a 1 time job. I just wont need it enough to justify buying one.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Some cars allow you to turn the key so many times on to off that the check engine light will blink reading out the code to you, others don't. I don't think the S10 does however.

·
Bobby B!!!
320 Posts
oriely auto parts loans them out. you pay the loan fee and when you take it back they refund that amount you paid

1 - 10 of 10 Posts