S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 98 ZQ-8 and want more horse power and was wondering if anyone makes a turbo or superger kit for the 2.2 Liter Engine.
Thanks for your help, Phil

·
Registered
217 Posts
STS has in the works a turbo kit there is no know supercharger availble yet ...heheh although i have been working on mounting one on my 2.2 more info soon :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
25 Posts
there IS actually a supercharger for the 2.2l, i saw an install in sport truck mag.....im not sure who makes it or where to find it, but at least we know that its out there somewhere, and i cant wait to get my hands on it:D

·
Registered
43 Posts
I heard that te supercharger they make for the cavy's will fit on our trucks. In fact they r the same engine, just the cav's is backwards. Just my .02

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
If this is true.....I didn't even think about the turbo or supercharger kits....but for the 2.2 cavvy I know there are like 3 or 4 kits available including one from jackson racing....

I know most of the J-body bolt-ons are transferrable, my next big thing is the intake manifold and throttle body upgrades.....but I didn't even think about the super/turbo kits for the 2.2 cavvy....HMMMMM

Caleb

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey boys and girls i hate to wake you up from yur 2.2 dreaming but most of the bolt ons and such are NOT transferrable from the J-body to the s-series. The motors are not the same . Internally they are so things like the stroker kit should work but if you look at the j-body motor the manifold, throttle body,exhaust ,etc. are a lot different. As for turbo kits and superchargers , fat chance. Do yourself a favor and park an s-10 next to a cavalier and pop the hoods.

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
I've done this.....the intake manifold and throttle body are exactly the same.....the only reason you might not be thinking so is that you're looking at the J body from the front, where as the S-10 engine is mounted longways, so when you look at the Jbody from the side....you'll see mainly everything is the same......the wiring is different in a lot of places obviously, but the TB and intake manifold are the same, the internals are exactly the same...so I've heard.Turbo, I think might be able to be adapted to the S-10 just because you're making a new exhaust manifold anyways. well, replacing it...so, turbo might be able to be adapted, supercharger kits, I don't know about

Caleb

·