S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
99 zr2, 4.3, auto trans., Np233. Is there a relearn period and what is it. Replaced the sensor there were no symptoms of a timing issue. Now there is no light but there is a miss that comes and goes at around 1500 rpm. But then it disappears and it accelerates great at highway speed. Thanks

·
Registered Hoosier
4,734 Posts
You have to do a relearn with a scan tool

·
Been there Done it
11,181 Posts
Shouldn't have to for a cam sensor. Crank sensor does need one.
You could put your scanner on it to be sure the cam retard angle is 0 + or - 2°.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any recommendations for a scan tool, I just need to buy one, I've been using O'reilly's.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, drove to work; starting snapped right to life, drove out got to 1500 - 2000 rpm and hesitated and jerked then cleared up. Slowed down for a turn re accelerated and had a hesitation with my first little backfire and the check engine light came on. Drove to work stopped at a gas station. Came out snapped right to life on start up. And no issues all the rest of the way.

·
Been there Done it
11,181 Posts
If you have an Android phone buy a BAFX Bluetooth scanner adapter from Amazon. It'll do anything you'd need on the era GM vehicle. Under $25. Then download Torque Pro app. Like $9 there are other apps. I bought Car Gauge Pro also. Total still under $50 and they'll do anything a $150 scanner will.
Not a CKP relearn, that requires a bi-directional scanner. I did a bit of research on some of the newer ones on Amazon and couldn't find any that would do the CKP relearn on the older GM vehicles. Guess you'd need a Tech2 clone or Snap on from that era.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, so code cleared for cam position sensor is still gone, the code that came on this morning was the O2 sensor, good news. So what's the deal with the intermittent miss and no code?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you have an Android phone buy a BAFX Bluetooth scanner adapter from Amazon. It'll do anything you'd need on the era GM vehicle. Under $25. Then download Torque Pro app. Like $9 there are other apps. I bought Car Gauge Pro also. Total still under $50 and they'll do anything a $150 scanner will.
Not a CKP relearn, that requires a bi-directional scanner. I did a bit of research on some of the newer ones on Amazon and couldn't find any that would do the CKP relearn on the older GM vehicles. Guess you'd need a Tech2 clone or Snap on from that era.
Ok, so code cleared for cam position sensor is still gone, the code that came on this morning was the O2 sensor, good news. So what's the deal with the intermittent miss and no code?

·
Been there Done it
11,181 Posts
If you have a code for an O2 sensor, fix that, then see how it runs. A faulty O2 sensor will mess with fueling and could be causing your miss.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you have a code for an O2 sensor, fix that, then see how it runs. A faulty O2 sensor will mess with fueling and could be causing your miss.
I've replaced this O2 sensor three times, just put an NGK sensor in a week ago. And it has never caused this. I appreciate the ideas👍

1 - 10 of 10 Posts