S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't made too many mods to my truck yet. Would getting the programmer be worth it yet. Would it boost the HP at all. Even if I got it soon. i could still use it later to make other adjustments right? The main reason I wanna go ahead and get it is to get rid of that damn limiter on the speedo. Any suggestions would be great. Later all.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I personally don't like the HPP III. It asks only dummy Yes/No questions when proggramming. And the program resets itself after using it for a while. So you have to unload it then reprogram it again.

I'm waiting for this::evilg:
www.DiabloSport.com

They are making a ODB2 reprogrammer that will let you set all of your own parameters. :thumbup: But it isn't expected to be available until early next year.:(

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I GOT A HYPERTECH ON MY XTREME, IT IS WELL WORTH THE $$, I HAVE OTHER ENGINE MODS TO, THE PROGRAMMER RAISES THE GOVERNOR TO 138, MAKES HARDER SHIFT POINTS, DOES THE SPEEDO CHANGE AND CAN RUN DIFF GAS , AND I DONT KNOW WHERE YOU GOT THE RESET THING I HAVE HAD MINE A YEAR AND HAVE NOT HAD TO RESET A THING!

·
Registered
201 Posts
many people have problems with their ECUs reseting themselves to compensate for the changes. Not all vehicles do it. But the main reason why I don't like the HPPIII is the lack of programmability. The Diablo Sport programmer will allow you to set everything the HPP will, but it will let you set exact parameters like ignition timing and air/fuel ratio with a computer, not crappy yes/no questions. AND you can check ALL of the readouts from an ODB2 computer on the fly w/ a laptop, then use the laptop to program when you shut the engine off.:evilg:

The best part is the Diablo Sport programmer is supposed to be released at the SAME PRICE as the HPP. I can't think of any reason to spend 350 now when I could get something so much better in less than 6 months.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
well speaking i only have 125 for my hpp3 i am very happy with it

·
Registered
201 Posts
125 is a GOOD price. but if you are paying close to MSRP, get the Diablo Sport

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i asume www.DiabloSport.com is the site for this. and it will be out in 'bout 6 months. this sounds like a fine piece of work.

·
Registered
201 Posts
yeah, thats the correct site. I e-mailed tem and they told me "early next year." And that it would be "priced the same as Hypertech's solution."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts