S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the heater core on my 88 4.3 is shot. I keep getting a film on the inside of all my windows. It's blowing warm air and i'm fealing the air stream and it doesn't feel greasy or anything, but the windows never defog and I really have to clean the heck out of them with Windex too see out them. I don't smoke, but the film on the windows is almost as bad as someone who smokes heavily in their car.

Has anyone changed out their core? Is it difficult too do? I did it once on an old Chevy Chevette, but that was a long time ago.

·
Hyundai Owner
4,272 Posts
Yeah, its bad. Total PITA to change if you have AC. I had Pep Boys do the one in my '93 S10 because I needed the truck the next day and didnt have the time to take the dash apart to change it.

BTW, is that your Neon? If so check out these sites:
www.neons.org
www.neonsonline.com

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What did it end up running you to have pep boys do it?

Yeah, that's my Neon. Thanks for the links. Had never visited neonsonline.com before.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
I don't understand why folks think doing the core is so hard..
A person can do it in about 2.5/3 hrs. It's HOW you go about
accessing the core. Here's link to a how to, it's not real easy,
but if ya want to fight something try installing headers on an
S truck..Now that's FUN!! P.S. I'll only say this about the
1st Gens. Now as far as the later Gens...no thanks.

www.sytyarchives.com/howto/viewarticle.php?article_name=heater_core.php&dir=climate_controls

·
potholes SUCK!!!
173 Posts
if u are changing the dash its even easier....cuz u got all kinds of room with the dash out of the truck. :D

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had to have my car towed to the shop yesterday and I was talking to the tow truck driver. He happened to have an S-10 Blazer and had just changed his out. Siad it took him about 45 minutes.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ouch. Think I'll be doing it myself. Guess I better clean out the garage so I can get the truck in there.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
That Tow Truck Driver is fast. It takes me some time to do things.
I have a motto I've told to more than a few employer's down the
road..Guess they didn't care for it, but at least they knew
where I stood..Goes like this.

"I got two speeds. If ya don't like this one, you're gonna hate
the other !"
;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts