S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about buying an 85 4x4 blaze with a 2.8 (broken crank shaft), it has some pretty big tires and a decent body, but I dont know about the motor. I'm getting it for $450......

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
whats the frame and body like?
any rust
if not yeh its a prime candidate for a SBC and great winter driver

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
frame is nearly perfect for that year and the body has no rust whatsoever other than a bit of surface on scratches, but besides that the body is clean as hell. the tires are brand new, the guy was like for $450 I'm selling you the tires and giving you the rest.

The only thing is I dont know if I should try to change out the crank or just put in another motor...

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
put in another motor the 2.8 is weak and you are gonna have to take out the motor anyhow and prolly do a complete rebuild.. just snag a TBI 350 from a boneyard and drop it in its place

just to let you know the wheels and tires alone are prolly worth 450 easy

id snag it

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I would stay with a craburated 350 because the blaze is carburated, but I need something taht is driveable soon, I know someone that will do the install for free so I just need to get a good motor lined up, there is also another truck with a jasper 4.3 and tranny for $500 so I was thinking about using the 4.3 in the blaze because the truck has a warped fram and focked up body.

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
prolly a good idea

·
without the 20's...
504 Posts
Low1, I want that blazer and I'm in NC. Got details/location/phone #? Also if you know where any other 1st gens are for sale in NC lemme know! I got an 02 X i'm tryin to get rid of too!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts