S-10 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright its about the tranny, ok well from wht i get is tht when i shift sometimes it grinds meaning maybe its the syncros, but is the shifter suppose to move tht much in first and second., dont mind the music

http://media.putfile.com/0414061436

·
95 S-10 2200
510 Posts
Looks pretty messed up to me. Although I have no idea what might cause that besides loose parts.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya i figured tht it wasnt normal, i just dont know why it started doing tht, when i hold the shifter you can auctully feel it pull to the right, it only does it in first and second gear, and only in the beginning of those gears

·
KeepDreaminXtreme
1,514 Posts
just for the hell of it check your motor mounts and tranny mounts. My friends ranger has a broken motor mount and his shifts over like that in first and second because of it.

·
95 S-10 2200
510 Posts
Yeah when my drivers side motor mount broke the shifter would pull to the right when I stepped on the gas. I thought from the video though it was doing it by itself like it wasn't effected by the gas but maybe it was I couldn't hear the motor that well.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you know wht, tht really could be it, b/c now tht i think about it, when im shifting from first to second, but its only when i gun it (lol) when i press the clutch in i do hear like a thud sound like the motor just like drops or something

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
i have had trouble with every s10 tranny i have owned... usually syncros... i guess i shift to hard to much..haha

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
how exactly would you do tht, ive never done a motor mount in my life, if you can give me a quick step-by-step it would be appreciated

·
95 S-10 2200
510 Posts
It's a pretty involved process. I went in through the drivers wheel well so that means you have to jack the truck up & take the tire and well out. This will give you pretty good access to the motor mount. You will need to jack the motor up to align the motor later when reinstalling the mount. Once you get to the mount it's pretty much a unbolt the old one and then reinstall the new one. It can be a pretty frustrating process so try to be patient because things won't line up like they are supossed to anymore, hence the jack needed. One thing I remember is that the starter is supported on the motor side with a bracket bolted to the motor mount. Now when I went to the parts store to get a motor mount they just gave me the rubber instert. My metal mount was cracked and two bolts were missing that held the old one on. I had to go through the dealer to get the new motor mount.
My suggestion is to take your time and have a buddy help you, for the realignment process. Air tolls will make things go a lot faster but it can be done with hand tools.

·
Dead Project Truck
649 Posts
If the bolt that centers your axle on the leaf spring was broken it would do the same thing. Do you feel the back end of the truck pull to the side when you get on and let off of the gas?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yup turns out its the drivers side motor mount, i did the little thingy to check it by having the break and giving it gas, the damn thing lifted up at least a couple inches, i bought the mount today, it will be getting fixed on wednesday, i'll let you know how it turns out

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
just finished the install on the motor mount today, it only took a couple hours, only needed one jack to raise the motor and didnt need to take the wheel or wheel well off at all, heres a few pics i took.
this is a pic i tok after i was easily able to pull the rubber out of the middle.
the next few pics if of the auctual mount and where it busted off, were gonna take it off again and go mig weld the pieces back on

·
95 S-10 2200
510 Posts
You have a little more room to work with the raise suspension. On my stocker I couldn't get in there very easy without taking the wheel well out. But I really had no idea on how to go at it. Glad you go it figured out. My mount had broken too but I just got a new one from GMpartsdirect.com for like $50 shipped or something like that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts