S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I'll Miss Ya Red!!!
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay check it................

You have an all electric setup, (valves, switcehs, compressors, etc)... But you also have a bottle for higher PSI tasks such as hopping, quick ups, and hot compressors.

Is it possible to run off the bottle and when the valves dup out the Bottle gas, to reroute, and compress the used gas for later use?

Say have the exaust setup run to the intake on a compressor and into a 5-6 galon tank? This tank would have a Check valve/Ball valve, or electric so that you could reuse over and over the "recompressed" bottle gasses, or switch to fresh , "high pressure bottle gas".

Does this sound feasible? Is it possible? would it be worth it?

I'm thinking tat if you hada quality enough compressor, dryers, oilers, and what not that it would work. But would it be worth it? I'm gonna draw it up on a piece of paper real quick (at work right now, and can't do it on the comp).

If you guys have any imput pleas feel free to contribute....:thumbup:

Thanks,

Dawgnutz.......................................:idea:

·
Registered
893 Posts
the one problem i see is the exhaust being recommpressed. After it leaves the bags, where does it go? To a line to the comp intake.. so soon that line will build up pressure and you wont dump the same if at all. And youd have to run a switch to manually turn the comp on. The only time i could see that part working were if you were playin with your switches alot even then, youd have to consider how fast the compressor wil suck in the exhaust so that you have dont have a pressure build up after the valve. you coulr try some sort of accumulator after the bag but before the recycle compressor. this would give you a larger margin for error. I think something plyable like a bag would work better than a tank for that. The volume of the container can change so when there is no/little pressure in the accumulator there isnt a strain on the compressor, especially havin the compressor intake the exhaust to get to that point. When you dump itll fill that accumulator as well.

The down side to this whole situation is without a lo of consideration and work it could hinder your quickness to lift and dump. Additionally im not sure how you intend to switch available tanks. You couldnt just hookup both tanks cuz then the more pressurized tank would fill the other, so you would need to beable to switch between the two. An electronic way would be the way to go.

as a final answer i feel it wouldnt be worth it.

·
I'll Miss Ya Red!!!
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Finally an answer!

Thanks man!

There are a helluva lot of good points in there, and I have no rebuttle for your answer, but I do have a question.......

How did you get so smart!!?!?!?! LOL!

The accumulator idea totally rocks!, and totally slipped my mind.

so would it have to be like a Hydro acc. or like a plyable bag?

I totally forgot about having to have the pressure differences!

I was thingikng of having the initial bottle gasses seperate, that way they are more compressed. Also, if the theory stands, you couldn't dump the bottle's pressure into the "recycle tank because it would back fill the acc., and possibly the exauhst on the valves.

so it'd have to be an electric "T" of some variety.

The compressors would have to be hella stout and hella fast! I totally agree with that. With the acc. I think the position in line, and location would be a consideration on the speed of the bags. Fast Bags are cool, and i'd love to rail it and be able to get the hell out with the quickness, but I don't want this thing bashing the ground in a milisecond if i hit a switch, ESPECIALLY UP FRONT!

Line size, Compressor Speed/capacity, Acc. location, tanks size switch and valve design, dryers, initial type of gasses, and a purge syste for emergencies/repairs...........

these are still things that I / WE need to take into consideration...

Keep the feedback coming! The more the merrier! :thumbup: :idea:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts