S-10 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My old man and I just bought a nice little 97. It's his 5th or 6th S10, so he knows quite a bit about them and prefers them over other fancy trucks. They're great!! Anyhow...... living in Southern California, it sure would be nice if it had AC. Is it possible to install AC when there wasn't any to begin with? And how would I/he/we go about doing this? Thanks for your help. I'm glad I found this forum.

·
time to get cereal
5,806 Posts
It's definitely possible. You'll need to get certain parts from the junkyard, and I would use 1998+ parts as it's a better system. You'll need the controls from a 94-97 though.

If you were closer, I've got a full system in good shape that I need to unload, but shipping would probably be crazy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's definitely possible. You'll need to get certain parts from the junkyard, and I would use 1998+ parts as it's a better system. You'll need the controls from a 94-97 though.

If you were closer, I've got a full system in good shape that I need to unload, but shipping would probably be crazy.
Where are you? He's heading to MN in a couple of weeks.

·
time to get cereal
5,806 Posts
St. Louis, MO

It's been sitting under a tarp, everything is still clean and in good shape. The accumulator might still need replacing of course.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.